What's your internet speed?

This is mine on wireless.

6130781443.png

II just got AT&T Fiber installed.

6362754435.png

I don't have any wired devices. On my Bell internet in rural Ottawa. Supposed to be 15mbps. Never gotten above 8. Pinged at 46, DL 7.6, and UL .8. Moving in a few weeks, and our new ISP is a cogeco and we're paying for 40. Wired for up to 120 so they say we should get a full 40. We can stream 2 Netflix accounts now and still browse no problem, but not the greatest quality.

I'm only paying for 80mb on Comcast. But they just keep upgrading my speed for free.
6365203994.png

Recently faster internet became available in my neighborhood so now it's up to 45mb/s download. I put in a Netgear Orbi mesh router with 2 satellites and we finally have great coverage and speed all over the house and outside.

Update: I can't say enough good things about the Orbi mesh router. I have seamless coverage all over the house and anywhere outside.

Last edited:
6580504880.png

I could handle that at home, except maybe the price tag.

that feeling when your mobile ripoff internet is faster than your home ripoff internet

3207869053.png

6625956678.png

Quick enough to have one roommate be addicted to Call of Duty on his XBOX hours at a time murdering people on "Gun Game" and be ranked in the top 10,000 in the world, my phone and Mac on Wi-Fi, my roommate on Wi-Fi, and experience zero lag and no slow speeds using the internet.

Bringing this back up to the forefront again. I'm switching from AT&T at 18 MBps to WOW internet at 500 MBps on Monday so I can upgrade to 4K streaming at virtually the same price I've been paying. Anyone else have this service? I'm sure I'll feel like I've been living in the dark ages once it gets installed.

Bringing this back up to the forefront again. I'm switching from AT&T at 18 MBps to WOW internet at 500 MBps on Monday so I can upgrade to 4K streaming at virtually the same price I've been paying. Anyone else have this service? I'm sure I'll feel like I've been living in the dark ages once it gets installed.

AT&T in my area is so bad. We were paying $50 dollars for there "Elite" package which was a whopping 5 Mbps down, 1 Mb up.....that was their epic package!

We switched over to Spectrum and are paying $85 for 300 Mbps down, 20 Mbps up and it is unbelievable. We also cut the cord so we have 2 fire sticks, a smart tv, a couple laptops, and a desktop all running with no issues at all. Before, I would have to watch laggy youtube videos on 360p and now I stream 4k like it's no problem and can even watch 8k videos with relative ease.

I don't think I'll ever go back to lower tier internet speeds again after experiencing lag-free stuff.

I've been living with mostly 25-45 Mbps download the last 5 years but at our new home in Minneapolis, we have about 280 Mbps for $59 per month.

Hopefully jumping up to gigabit soon, which should be fun.

Hopefully jumping up to gigabit soon, which should be fun.
Yeah, WOW is offering that in my area too but I couldn't justify that one so we decided to go with the 500 since that seems like more than enough.

Yeah, WOW is offering that in my area too but I couldn't justify that one so we decided to go with the 500 since that seems like more than enough.

FIOS has either 100/100 or gigabit. I think 100 would be pushing it if we're streaming a few things at the same time, so going for the upgrade.

so they finally got around to bringing FTTH to my home, years after everybody else

7286636139.png

I remember being blown away by 150kb/s down DSL and Cable internet, now even my upload speed is 50x that

Internet speed is blazing - this is over wireless!
8735699505.png

Wireless too! It’s FAST
1434edc4fca8e44efe609811561ffee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where I live, we can still only get DSL. 3 Mbps DL and .7 Mbps UL

I called Xfinity to see if they could give me a better price on my internet now that I've been with them for 18 months and they sent me a new modem/router and lowered my price per month $25. The best part is I'm paying for 275mbs and my speed with the new equipment more than doubled.

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 12.37.07 PM.png

Last edited:
First time I've checked it in this house. This is on the wifi.

Down speed is great. Up speed leaves some things to be desired. But considering I'm paying for 100mbps, I'm not complaining.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 1.18.03 PM.png

I run ethernet over power on this device and I get 50mbps up and down.

Back