2.5* up for me. Been that way forever. (40 years?). I still get my swing checked every year, or so.

I also have my club lie angles checked periodically. Especially if I notice something strange going on with ball flights, or my divots are not uniformed.

Depends on the manufacturer. I am usually standard to slightly flat in manufacturers that go off of a 37"/32 degree 7i. As clubs get longer/more upright, my fit gets flatter.

No, I have had that club for a while..

I am 2 flat

Standard. My height and my arm length are both pretty average, so standard works well for me. Ive tried going 2* upright once and it wasnt pretty.

i know mine are not flat... bought on bay and wondering if a lie adjustment is worth it? $60 to check then $4-5 to bend... thoughts?

Current set is 2° up. Previous set was 5° up (Ping maroon color code), but at my fitting in February he said that was way too upright for me.

I have a rudimentary understanding of lie angle, but mostly just trust a fitter to figure it out for me.
I was a maroon dot in my G15s. The guy that "fit" me at Golf Galaxy at the time said he rarely saw any other maroon dots, and I haven't seen them out in the wild.

2 subsequent fittings for different sets both had me at 2* up.

Was always standard until I had my first proper fitting with TM using trackman. I’m now 2 degrees upright.

Playing standard lie here. Need to get it checked by my shop when able to go in for some lessons in near future.

I’m opposite as far as standard goes. I like my longer irons bent up about 2* and then by the time I get to my wedges they are 1.5-2* flat.

2 degrees upright was what my fitting resulted in a few years ago, we went with the same during the Grandaddy

2 degrees flat to most standard OEM specs. 1 degree flat to Mizuno standard specs. 62 degree PW and other wedges and decrease by 1/2 degree per iron going up from the PW.

2 up with irons. Driver in the upright setting. Hybrids are standard.

Current irons are bog standard. Driver I’m playing in the upright setting.
I’ve never been fit for clubs before though... I’d really like to see how I’d get along with an upright iron.

Driver and 5 w in upright setting, no clue on irons and wedges what I should be playing.:confused:

Standard is what I play. I’ve never been fitted but I’m completely average in everything else I do so I figure that I’m average there too.

1* up for me as it helps with my fade ball flight.

Depends on the iron, my utility irons are four flat, 5-7 are 3 flat, my 8 & 9 are 3.5 flat, and my wedges are 4.5 flat.

2* upright is what i was fitted in to.

Standard, off the rack, off the internet so the first swing with them is when they showed up...reason - I’ve been playing 55 years...never had anything fitted...and Im decent - 10 index, break 80 every now and then...typical round is 80-82...I know folks get all into fitting...I get that...Im 6’2”, 250 - big guy, self taught game...

when we travel, I rent clubs...last time in Maui it was beat to S Top Flite irons, a White Whale also beat to S driver, and a Wilson Harmonized wedge, you gueses it - beat to S...now the putter was true garbage and that did cost me a few strokes...but I played exactly the same, save I really missed my Mizuno putter I’ve had for 30 years. This was Kaanipali, and you guesed it, 82 from the whites.

just me, because I know many are into the fitting thing...but I believe if you can deliver the club face to the ball in a consistent way, combined with a compact swing that stresses straight over far, and play the correct tees, it doesn’t really matter all that much...

now, full disclosure- I have sort of specialized senior irons - Cleveland HB Turbo Launchers...these are basically point and shoot - very easy to hit...but the first swing with them was the day they showed up late March...and they do seem to be easier to hit than my old set, Cally XRs...(which I bought and used the same exact way)

so I guess my take is unless you’re 5’1 or 7’1”, Im not sure fitting means anything to a Joe Muni like me...

Standard Lie Angle.... boring lol.

I've tried to raise the handle this year, so my current set is 1 flat, but it's stock 1 up compared to what I think of as standard. Probably playing the closest to standard I ever have.

Sand wedge is 1 flatter, and lob is 2, still.

Standard to 1 up depending on the manufacturer

i know mine are not flat... bought on bay and wondering if a lie adjustment is worth it? $60 to check then $4-5 to bend... thoughts?
I'd say do a static fit online, then give us an idea of your swing/miss/etc, and people here might be able to tell you if it's worth looking into doing.

My irons are 2 up and my wedges are 1 up. I think it is time to get them checked just to make sure they are correct.

Back