I'm not sure, I'm confused on what I should be at. A couple years back I was told 2* upright. During my Callaway fitting when I told them that they putt me in 1/2" longer clubs and standard lie. The ICON's I just went with standard lie. So I guess the answer is I have no idea.

Still using the Duffy Callahan 2 degrees flat recommendation.

3 up when fitted for my last two sets of irons

I'd say do a static fit online, then give us an idea of your swing/miss/etc, and people here might be able to tell you if it's worth looking into doing.
What is static fit

Going off a 6 iron I usually like to be around 61* and 37.25".

Short people matter too.

Do you play standard? Are you upright or flat? Do you not understand lie angle? Good chance to discuss here.
Upright. Tall person, playing stock length, and not having a particularly flat swing, it all adds up.

They're all at 1* upright right now.

Flat between 1 to 2*.

Usually 1-2* flat depending on brand. Playing off a 62* PW

And here I thought this was gonna be a fake news thread. 🤪
2° Flat here. Kind of against the norm. I’m 6’ 2 and taller usually leans upright. However I tend to have a slight over the top move. 2° flat straightens out my flight.
I also check the loft & lie twice a year, as it does change.

I was fit 1degree flat years ago. I have changed my stance and swing quite a bit through lessons and will be curious to see when I get fit for irons next.

I meant 1 degree upright. I knew flat didn’t seem right. Went and looked at my original receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I had a fitting it was 3* up.... played Sunday and had a terrible case of the lefts that I couldn't adjust, not sure my swing plane miraculously changed because of 10 weeks of not playing, but maybe time for another fitting??

All my irons are forged so they are easily bent. I know longer check the lie angle.
I hit balls in my net, go in the work shop (shed) and bend the irons to the angle the feels right with that iron. My irons probably vary from standard up to 3* upright.

Last time I had a fitting it was 3* up.... played Sunday and had a terrible case of the lefts that I couldn't adjust, not sure my swing plane miraculously changed because of 10 weeks of not playing, but maybe time for another fitting??
Did you swing an orange whip (or one of the similar ones) a lot during that time? Just curious.

I'm one degree flat. I had an absolute howler of a fitting about 2 years ago that had me 3 degrees upright, and I got all my Pings bent accordingly. At the time I had zero knowledge of these things and just blindly went with the fitter's advice. Got my irons back and couldn't understand why I was suddenly hooking everything violently and didn't hit a green for about 6 months straight. Got fitted properly for my Rogue Pros in about August last year and the fitter was laughing at the state of my clubs the whole time, got me into 1 degree flat and all of a sudden I was carving everything right as I had automatically built in a move to try and cut out the hook. Few lessons later and all good. What a shambles :LOL:

2 Flat....was told many years ago this was best for my swing but haven’t had it checked since. My local club builder and excellent golfer and I have talked about this on numerous occasions and he tells me to watch my divots, if I see a patter in strikes e.g. “hooks”, that is a good time to take a close looks at divots. Also have tried the single vertical red line on the ball, at the range. I keep an eye on divots when I am striking well.

I'm one degree flat. I had an absolute howler of a fitting about 2 years ago that had me 3 degrees upright, and I got all my Pings bent accordingly. At the time I had zero knowledge of these things and just blindly went with the fitter's advice. Got my irons back and couldn't understand why I was suddenly hooking everything violently and didn't hit a green for about 6 months straight. Got fitted properly for my Rogue Pros in about August last year and the fitter was laughing at the state of my clubs the whole time, got me into 1 degree flat and all of a sudden I was carving everything right as I had automatically built in a move to try and cut out the hook. Few lessons later and all good. What a shambles :LOL:
In the context of your post, what does howler mean? It's plain english but I don't understand the English usage of the term.:) I know it's used in a name... howler monkey, as an adjective i.e. a bearing can be a howler when it's going bad.(y)

2 up in irons, 1 up in wedges, 2 flat in putter.

They're just flat.

In the context of your post, what does howler mean? It's plain english but I don't understand the English usage of the term.:) I know it's used in a name... howler monkey, as an adjective i.e. a bearing can be a howler when it's going bad.(y)
Sorry, English slang 😂 A complete shocker, disastrous, dreadful, that kind of thing.

Fit for my PXG irons and I'm 2° flat

2* flat lie

PXG 0211

5i - 37.75” down to 35.5” PW & GW

Back