What's your most luxurious golf purchase

This 100%. my Autoflex shaft, the custom painted Callaway Max head... my fitted irons, my swag putter, graphite putter shafts, etc etc etc..... going to stop before my bank account gets audited.
Autoflex did make a dent in the wallet. Haven't even swing it.

Definitely golf trips. I'm a notorious cheapskate when it comes to bags/balls/equipment/apparel.

Would,nt say l have luxurious tastes...but this year in interests of national economic stimulation .....
lve got new irons ,Mizunos Titleist bag and Garmin gps watch ..

, lve noticed that the original fiscal stimulus may be underfunded ,, and therefore may require additional seasonal purchasing .... forward estimates committee approval pending 🏌🏼👀. ( aka leader of the opposition , department of the interior , minister of finance) haha l am extremely lucky in that regard , l have very free license to make additions as mandated )

Golf road trips in the motor home. At 9 mpg it's a killer, but I don't have to spend $70-$100 a night on a room either, so there's that.

I'm awfully cheap when it comes to buying golf equipment. I can't justify to myself the high price of some golf equipmente . The quality, expensive golf stuff I buy on sale, or cclearance, usually from one vendor I trust.

I wouldn't say luxurious per say but I've spent stupid amounts on putters.
But it's more like a free temporary rental since if you play your cards right you can always sell for at least what you paid.

most luxurious would have to be a Chrysler Cordoba to carry the clubs. With rich, Corinthian leather...

Chrysler-Cordoba-Ricardo-Montalban.jpg

KAHN!!!!!

My toulon putter was a baller purchase for me. I never thought I'd drop that much on a putter (a driver or irons sure, but never before thought of the importance of the putter) but thankfully it has really worked out well for me

A certain golf trip to Austin in September..............................:cool:

Mine would be the round I played in Hawaii earlier this year. $240 for 18 holes, a divot tool, and a dozen crappy balls. That’s three to four times what I’m usually comfortable paying, but it was Hawaii.

Mine would be the round I played in Hawaii earlier this year. $240 for 18 holes, a divot tool, and a dozen crappy balls. That’s three to four times what I’m usually comfortable paying, but it was Hawaii.
I’ve done that. Hawaii is so worth it. Now I’m try to show restraint and not go back this fall.

#1: My Skytrak and accessories this last winter
#2: Our trip to Myrtle Beach this last spring. Well worth it but when I look back I just shake my head a bit…. Still well worth every penny.

My (almost) full bag fitting last year. At $1,800+, easily my most expensive golf expenditure.

My Yamaha golf cart and trailer.

single purchase? my driver. i have yet to defile myself, tho.

I replaced a broken 7 iron (by "broken" I mean that the badge on the back shattered ... "technically", maybe, still playable) with a 7i I have no business playing .... but oh does it feel great when it connects just so.

But the honest answer is always golf balls. By definition, paying for something only to then chuck it into the woods/a pond is a luxury.

odd. I’d still say it was my first new set I bought Back in the mid eighties. Ram cavity backs and metal wood set with a new black HotZ bag. I thought I was the stuff!

A private membership back in 2011 when I was too busy with kids and work to justify the cost. By 2013 I was able to take advantage of the membership but those first couple of years it really was a crazy expense for how little I played.

A set of custom Recoil Protos for my new Srixon ZX combo set. But they are soooooo gooooooood.

I’m working on getting my luxury golf item. My wife and I just moved into a new home that has a 30’ above ground pool that we don’t want. After it’s taken down, we’ll have a bare, 30’ circle in the backyard that would make a nice artificial grass, putting green. I just might get her to go along with the idea.

Definitely the Skytrak. But definitely the best purchase ever as well.

Most luxurious item was my old burner 2 irons. Bought them new just aftwr they were released. Not terribly luxurious but i have spent more on events than any equipment golf wise. And the events are soooo damn worth it.

Back