What's your mount rushmore of Italian dishes?

I am not the biggest fan of Italian food..

So

Pizza,
breadsticks
Something with no pasta
black and white cookies while huge in New York, which makes me think Italian because of Pizza I think these are actually considered a Jewish community item, not 100% sure though as you dont see them here.

I am not the biggest fan of Italian food..

So

Pizza,
breadsticks
Something with no pasta
black and white cookies while huge in New York, which makes me think Italian because of Pizza I think these are actually considered a Jewish community item, not 100% sure though as you dont see them here.
No Zoop for yuuuu... 😀

Man, that's a tough one! Depends on the mood I'm in, and if I'm eating healthy, none of these are going down the pipe:

- Carbonara
- Eggplant or Veal Parmigiana (I like both equally)
- Lasagna (both with red sauce, and as they serve it in northern Italy and other European countries with no red sauce)
- My own spaghetti with ground meat, Prego Chunky Garden Combination, lots of garlic salt, and shredded cheese

I like so many dishes that are Italian but probably my all-time favourite is veal Parmesan with a side order of spaghetti.

I also like really good spaghetti and meatballs and once you find a good restaurant, you don’t want to let it go. Funny story is like my best spaghetti and meatballs I’ve ever had by a long shot was in Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, which is surrounded by fishing communities in eastern Canada. Have never had spaghetti and meatballs, like that place, out of this world.

• pizza
  • spaghetti and meatballs
  • chicken parmigiana
  • linguini alle vongole [clams]

Last edited:
This is a tough one. There are so many great Italian dishes. Well, here goes;

1. Carpaccio - Had it in a restaurant in Bologna and it was mind bogglling!
2. Prosciutto e Melone - Thinly shave Prosciutto with green melon, breakfast favorite also while in Italy
3. Fettucini Alfredo - A great Alfredo sauce is hard to beat.
4. Any pasta Carbonara - simple yet incredibly tasty and satisfying.

I'm sure there's a ton that I'm forgetting.

Carbonara
Veal Piccata
Quattro Formaggi pasta
Tiramisu by a hair over gelato

Pizza
Lasagna
Spaghetti with meatballs
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo

Lasagna
Manicotti
Baked ziti
Pizza

No particular order
Veal parm
Linguini with white clam sauce
Steak Pizzaiola
Sicilian Pizza

Chicken Alfredo , Lasagana

My home made chicken Calabrese. No restaurant ever comes close.

Veal Piccata
Chicken piccata

And just the old fashioned eggplant and prosciutto sandwich on fresh from the oven bread.

If I go to an Italian restaurant, I usually get a veal dish because I am not making it at home. I love veal parm but also saltimbocca or scallopine. If ossobuco is on the menu, I am ordering it 100% of the time. I love lasagna, but my wife makes a good enough version that I am not ordering it at a restaurant.

Fettuccini Alfredo

Chicken Parm
Spagetti and meatballs
Ziti
Lasagna

Pizza
Pasta Bolognese
Veal parmigiana
Stuffed pastas

Steak Milanesa
65F744F0-A710-458C-8A55-A405128E9223.jpeg
Chicken piccata
F8CBB37D-62BB-4858-BF80-B14276A607E5.jpeg
Meatballs (raisins and pine nuts are a must)
965735D8-7E6F-45F8-8AF7-8613117F3D85.jpeg

Escarole and beans
Honorable mention: Ciambotta

Desserts (deserves its own Mount Rushmore)
Tiramisu, cannoli, sfogliatelle, any sort of gelato

Chicken Parm.
Lasagna
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Chicken Alfredo

Back