What's your nemesis shot?

Bunker shots for me, just don't get to do them often or practice them often so I never know what is going to happen. Also a lot of the sand around the not so expensive course here do not have the best sand to say the least.

Bunkers are tricky because I haven't had a chance to practice them unless I land in them, but the most common shot I really dread are those at the top end of my wedges. a full 50 is my nightmare.

Lately it's par 3's in the 180-195 yard range. I just don't know what to hit - less and it's a stock 5i, more and it's a 4h, in this range it's my 4h but my 4h is a bad club for me right now. I was fit into a new 4h that I am optimistic about, but in the meantime I've had to try to make it work with this one or play around it (try to gas a 5i or cut a 5W). Results have not been great!

I also plan to get an iron fitting in the off season to try to get more yards out of my irons to close up the gap a little bit. Right now I don't have a 190 club, but if my 5i went more like 185 rather than 175 (which it should at my swing speed), I'd have that problem solved.

Bunker shots are up there. I can get out in 1 shot but distance control is not there. I'd say hybrid and wood shots out of shorter rough, but I think I would be better off hitting an iron from that turf. I can be dumb out on the course quite a bit.

The mid to long iron draw has always been a weak shot for me. I just can't seem to get the hang of it consitently. I have almost completely given up trying it. I get around it by choking way down on a hybrid that I can draw or hit a straight shot an live with it.

I've been working around that myself by opening the wedge face more. Half swings are very reliable for me, quarter swings less so, so I like to lay the face of my wedge open on short pitches and take a half swing with a lot more loft.

I’ll give it a shot, but trying to manipulate the face seems as an e for my skill set (or lack thereof).

When I have to hit a strong fade to get around an obstacle. The intentional fade is not in my shot repertoire. My shot here is a punch out. A low HC golfer or pro would hit the strong fade and go around the obstacle.

It’s absolutely greenside bunker shots for me! I can hit out of fairway bunkers with no problem, but put me in a bunker near the green, and I’m toast!! I did manage to hit one decent bunker shot on Saturday, followed by lol for the remaining bunker attempts.

Hey @McLovin , you hearing all this about bunkers, aka the 'easiest shot in golf'?! You might need to give some lessons. ;)

Hey @McLovin , you hearing all this about bunkers, aka the 'easiest shot in golf'?! You might need to give some lessons. ;)

i hit the spiciest geeenside bunker shot i’ve hit in awhile on sunday. tough par 5 late in the round. hit a great drive for me. need to cut a 5w around the trees to get to the green but didn’t catch all of it and ended up in the back of the greenside bunker about 40-45 yards short. lip of the bunker is close to my backswing but manageable. trail foot is out of the bunker. big backswing, hit the perfect spot behind the ball. it comes out medium height with tons of spin. hits about 5 feet short, hops forward, grabs and spins a little right toward the cup and finishes inside 3’ for a birdie.

For me it's that 50-60 yard shot. It's a real in-betweener that I could hit a few different ways and always find myself coming out of it and presenting the club hosel-first - or flip and leave it short. It's why on some short par 4s I'll lay up just to have a full SW in to a small green or something,

It used to be bunker shots. But after a couple bad breakdown holes caused by them I spend more time practicing to get out safely in two putt range. Now its the in between wedges shots. 50 to 80 yards. I use a more lofted wedge and I don't hit it hard enough to get there. I used a less lofted wedge and I hit too hard. I have trouble with the speed of the downswing on those shots. I know a lot of good golfers don't go by distance as much as feel. But I have to know exactly how far I am so I can try a bump and run from that distance. Sometimes those shots hit a bad spot and bounce left or right of the green. I need to practice the feel on those shots.

Anything around the green that isn’t in a bunker.

My nemisis shot used to be having to hit a high ball, especially getting one up quick to go over trees. I've gotten much better there though. Now my nemesis shot is a driver off the tee with trees left and OOB/trouble right. We have 3-4 of these shots at my courses depending on the tee box. It wasn't as big of an issue with my older driver but with the new ST-Z and it's neutral/fade bias it has been difficult here lately on these. I can hit a pretty straight ball to a weak fade on the previous hole or two but when I get on these it's a straight pull left into trees or leaving it open and going/flirting with OOB.

We have our Club Championship in about 3 weeks and I'm seriously considering taking my 5w out of the bag and putting in the old driver for these or just hitting a hybrid off the tee.

I can hit good to terrible shots from most situations, so they can all be a nemesis. But in particular, blind shots where I can't see the desired landing zone drive me nuts. If I can't visualize the shot from strike to end, I don't do well. These can range from tee shots over a ridge into the void to chip shots up to a visually obscured green.

All of them

Tight light short pitch, lob shots. I blade them too often

Tee shots on narrow holes, bunker play

Ball below my feet. No bueno.

Downhill lie, chipping/pitching, with the pin close, not much green to work with.

ive started more recently to “take my medicine” but I haaaate that shot

I am equally adept at messing up any shot at any given time, but controlling the ball from a greenside bunker is probably my biggest issue

Getting the ball out of the bunker isn't an issue (usually), but with the often inconsistent condition of bunkers, knowing how it will come out and react is not something I can figure out just yet

I’d have to say my “nemesis” shot depends on the day, but lately it has been ball above my feet for mid to short irons. I typically hit a decent shot but I never seem to compensate my aim well enough.

Back