What's your nemesis shot?

Any shot that requires a draw.

I don’t love working the ball right to left. Generally I find I can avoid it though.

I don’t have something that I have to do all the time. At my course I have a lot of second shots that are 180-220 which are a challenge but they are a challenge for most people.

The other thing I don’t love to do is hit the ball high. I am a low ball hitter.

I don’t love working the ball right to left. Generally I find I can avoid it though.

I don’t have something that I have to do all the time. At my course I have a lot of second shots that are 180-220 which are a challenge but they are a challenge for most people.

The other thing I don’t love to do is hit the ball high. I am a low ball hitter.

I hit two draws last season. I’ve hit 1 this season. All 3 were hit with my 5 wood and were was not intentional.

Tight chip uphill to close pin and narrow green…. It’s my “brown shorts” shot

I hit two draws last season. I’ve hit 1 this season. All 3 were hit with my 5 wood and were was not intentional.

I can draw my 3W if I have to but I don’t really trust it. I can also hit draws and hooks to get out of trouble but on full swings generally when I hit it left it is a pull hook not a draw.

I love how specific your nemesis shot is. My goal is to have one so specific some day. 😆.

My nemesis is prob my creativity at times. I have a bad habit of trying to work the ball when it really isn’t necessary. I enjoy the challenge of hitting shot windows and shapes, but the reality is…I’m not good enough to consistently hit those windows and patterns. I’m especially guilty of this off the tee.
1. I actually got told by a guy on Fri. to 'be more specific'. He obviously has a great future as a comedian. :LOL:

2. I doubt that's the case, but I can definitely understand falling victim to it at times. I have a friend who's great about asking 'were you trying to hit _____ there?' And then follows it up with 'did you need to? :unsure:". It's annoying. Lol

Interesting seeing a few of the tight lies ones from various ranges.

Personally, I'd rather hit off a cart path than suspended way up on top of some bristly or fluffy stuff.

Walk up and see ball with almost nothing underneath it reaction: O-kay

Walk up and see it on what's basically a 2" tee: Oh hell

I'd almost call it a mini nemesis for me. Can be hard to control on fuller shots.

The next shot after hitting a really great one or the next drive after a birdie! Guaranteed f up!😢

The ball below my feet is my most difficult shot. I play a few courses that just seem I have this shot a couple times a round.

Long, forced carries over water. Not a big fan of those due to my lack of distance.

A lot of times, I find myself going around them, if possible.

Fortunately I don't see too many of these shots.

Thinking about it, there's another shot involving water. It's a ccw circling fairway around a pond, that has a very noticeable down slope into a water hazard. You have to hit the shot high up on the slope, while also preventing much roll, after the carry. A mis hit with too much roll will find the water due a gravity roll out.

Interesting seeing a few of the tight lies ones from various ranges.

Personally, I'd rather hit off a cart path than suspended way up on top of some bristly or fluffy stuff.

Walk up and see ball with almost nothing underneath it reaction: O-kay

Walk up and see it on what's basically a 2" tee: Oh hell

I'd almost call it a mini nemesis for me. Can be hard to control on fuller shots.
Any tight lie that isn’t a full wedge shot that has to go in the air gets me the most, and I think it does with most high cappers. For me, it’s skull or chunk city. Give me a fluffy lie, and I have a little wiggle room to give it a good sweep.

Hard Dogleg left, with trees left sticking out, with a long forced carry on the 2nd shot. Further right you go the longer the next carry shot. I hate these. I can hit a draw. But when this situation comes up it seems to go bye bye and I end up with a 190yrd or more forced carry. 🤦‍♂️

Ball-below-my-feet shots are always tricky for me.

Any shot over water, no matter the distance or how good the lie. I try my best to pretend the water isn't there but that seldom helps.

My local 9 has only 2 par 4 holes and they are nearly identical. 325 to 335 yards. Fairly wide fairway. I normally hit he fairway, but rarely hit my driver more than 185-190. So I leave myself with hybrid or 7 wood distance to the green.

What I dread on these two holes is my second shot. I almost always screw it up and end up with a double or worse.

Today I played it smart and hit 7 iron to lay up in front of the green. No more shaking over the ball with hybrid only to shank it into the right rough or over the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A tight lie (or dirt), 15 yards or less to the green, with an unraked trap between you and the flag!

Every shot can be my nemesis since I'm lousy at golf, but ball below my feet is nearly a guaranteed poor shot :LOL:

Sidehill downhill lie. I might as well pick the ball up and throw it to whatever area I'm trying to avoid. The result would probably be better. :(

I'm the opposite. I can't hit a ball low to save my life. :(

I have quite a few, but a couple stick out above the others.

One is anything inside about 65 yards that I can’t chip. 65 is about a half swing gap wedge for me, and I can execute it decently. I can’t seem to figure out how to execute less than a half swing, and I suck with my sand wedge. I suppose the likely solution would be to practice more with my sand wedge.

The other is anything over water. Any amount of water at any distance in front of me is almost a guaranteed water ball. I’ve considered driving around to every hole before my round and pouring some water in each one. I have no idea how to solve this problem. It’s obviously a mental thing, and I don’t know how to change my brain.

Back