What's Your Pace?

I dont take practice swings unless I'm waiting. Don't spend too much time reading putts.
We usually get around in about 3 hours...maybe a little more if I'm really wild

I don't always take a practice stroke. I like a moderate pace but if I get held up and the pace gets really slow, it only bothers me a little.
I can't really put a time on the rounds since I play with lots of different people and at different times of day so that changes all the time. If I had to give it a number I guess it would be between 4 and 4 1/2 hours.

The sole exception to my "walk up and hit it" habit is putting or chipping when there's some sort of ridge or big slope to negociate. I will walk up and get a look at where the ball needs to cross the ridge before I attempt the shot. On my home course it's just too easy to choose a wrong line and have the ball funnel 20-30 feet away from the hole.

I play at a good clip. I'm generally one practice swing and fire. I would rate myself as "expeditious." I don't try to be super fast as I want to enjoy myself on the course, but I definitely notice when my playing companions are being slow. I've been known to mutter "just hit the ball" under my breath. I'm usually the one to say "Hey guys, we're falling behind. Let's pick up the pace."
All of that sounds exactly like me. I like a brisk, efficient but not rushed pace. One practice swing and go. If I have time wasting things to do, I'll take care of them while somebody else is hitting so I'm not holding anybody up. If there's nobody in our way slowing us down, my usual group (foursome) plays 18 in right around 3 hours. And yeah, I've been known to mutter things like that under my breath when somebody is dragging their feet too! :LOL:

On my own, I can come in around 2.5 hours, but always take 1 or 2 practice swings before a shot. I play slower and more deliberately when in a group since there is more down time; I will get my yardage and line up my shot or putt while someone else is hitting. Taking your time is fine, but as others have said, being oblivious is irksome.

Overall I'm pretty quick. Hit the ball and go. Rarely do I take a practice swing unless I'm trying to hit a certain shot - just to get the feel. Other than that - see the line, get up and hit, go to the ball, repeat.

Whatever the course is playing.

I don't like to be slowed down, especially if I find myself in a groove. I'll take one - three practice swings and then I'm hitting.

I rarely take practice swings and I play ready golf so I am ready to hit when I get to my ball. I get behind the ball pick my line to hit it and setup and hit the shot.

I'm the pace pusher in my group and the group in front of me lol.

I am medium to fast on my full swings. I don't really take a practice swing but rather I waggle and emulate a partial swing. then let it fly. Likely about 15 seconds or less from time I start to address the ball until she is airborne. On a putt of any meaning, I slow down and I'm sure that is close to a full minute.

The faster the better, short of running

I have the ball in one hand with a tee, and the club in the other hand waiting for my turn. Someone waiting to get their club until their turn kind of pisses me off.

It’s a sprint, not a marathon - that best describes my pace.

Pretty quick pace most of the time. Take practice swings sometimes (most are half swings) and have gotten to where I rarely shot distances unless I am between 50 and 100 yards. Use a glance at the yardage stakes and gut feeling for club selections the majority of the time at other distances. I have been told many times that I am the fastest walker people have ever seen pushing a cart.

Fast and faster, taking my time with a cart with no waiting I probably play 18 in 1:30-1:45

I rarely take a practice swing. Sometimes I can get a little deliberate over the ball once I'm at address (I'm working on it). I played yesterday in 2.5 hours waiting on two groups until they finally let me play through (one hole for one group, two holes for the other).

I'm not sure how that compares to other but I didn't feel that I played rushed or slowly. 🤷‍♂️

I'll brush the grass with the club before I swing. I don't take long from the time I approach the ball. I find if it take too much time I get negative thoughts.

Last two rounds played by myself with no one in front of me, walking, were 3:00 +/-. I had no one to keep up with or ahead of.

Pull the club, one half arsed practice swing and fire. I don’t like to sprint round the course, but I like to get on with it once I’m at the ball.

My old home course was pretty slow on Friday nights. My nephew and I would go out with a cart and play 18 holes in 90 minutes. Neither of us take practice swings, it was just drive to the ball and swing. My current group plays in 3:00 to 3:15 if no one is in front of us.

This bunch of commenters is my kind of people!

I'm pretty average. I don't take practice swings, but I don't rush either.

Our walking 4 is usually done in 335-345

Back