Whats your punch club?

Depends on the situation. Usually, I use my 5 iron for a standard punch shot , but I have used anything from a 5 wood to an 8 iron in the past.

3 wood. Go big or go home! I’m partial to odd numbers, so I also use my 5i or 7i depending on the shot.

depends on how far I don't want it to go and how much clearance I have. if there is a decent amount of space I would grab my 5I.

You mean trying to advance the ball from out of the woods or something? I'd use my 7-iron if I could afford for the ball to get up a little without hitting branches. Maybe the 6-iron to keep it lower when needed but I feel most comfortable with the 7-iron.

Although honestly, unless there is a big advantage to be gained by trying to advance the ball (i.e. a pond in front of the green I can't carry if I chip out) I'll just chip out sideways with a PW. My odds of a good punch under or around tree limbs that ends up safely back in play are not good.

The situation dictates the club I use. Does it need to stay really low? Is the rough/grass deep? How far am I trying to hit it? Wind conditions? Etc...

5-6-7i depending on distance snd if I need to trade elevation for distance. I’ve had a lot of practice with recovery shots. So I like them occasionally.

5 iron off my back foot. Everything else lifts up too much and gets me stuck in the tree instead of out of the tree.

I've wanted to punch with my 4H, because the wide sole and super low MOI seems perfect for punching the ball out of a bad lie. But it's never worked out for me on the course. It's a shot I need to practice, but it's not one you can practice on a range mat. You really need to be out there and stuck in the crap to practice it.

A nutted, 5i punch shot is the secks... That's my go to punch shot club as well.

5i most of the time.

I use different clubs depending, but if it's a standard 'get the ball back in play' shot, it's usually a 5I.

I almost always use a hybrid. I struggle with partial swings, and using a hybrid mitigates the risk of a chunk.

7i typically. I deloft the club a lot so a 5i punch shot is not ideal for me.

I have found looking down at my 6 iron is way better than the 5. If I need to go lower, I will hit the 5.

I want to punch all my clubs.

It really depends for me - what's the lie, how far do I need the shot to go, how high can I let it get, how am I striking the ball on that day... So I'd say any iron or wedge in my bag, though my most used are 4i through 7i.

Honest answer, depends on the shot, I can punch out with almost anything in the bag so it’s all about the end goal for me.

Any full swing club except driver I'll use for a punch shot depending on the circumstances. How far, how low, the lie of the ball, the terrain between the ball and green, the location of the flag and the layout of the green, and hazards around the green all factor into the decision of club and setup.

5i about 90% of the time for a low escape shot. I will occasionally pull my 20* hybrid, but it's rare.

Usually either my 4i or 6i. Not sure why I skip the 5i now that I think about it 🤷‍♂️.

4i if I'm going for pure speed, low trajectory and distance.

6i if I have a bit higher window or less fairway to work with.

Since I don't carry a 4 iron anymore the 5 iron has become my go to. I can do just about everything I need punch wise with it.

Depends on the distance, but typically one of 4-6

Back