Whats your punch club?

Depends on the distance and any obstacles. So it could be anything from my 3 wood to my lob wedge.

5i or a hooded 6

Tends to be a 6i for me, but depends on what I have in front of me and what I can get away with. Sometimes a hybrid, sometimes a 7 or 8.

If I am trying to advance the ball as much as possible, my Srixon ZU85 2i - ball in the centre of my stance, make sure I get my hands ahead of the ball at impact and if the conditions are dry it will run for ages

Even for shorter shots I still tend to use the 2i and adjust the length of swing, but I will use other clubs if I need to get the ball over an obstacle in front of me but still keep it low under branches

My go to is my 5 iron

I have punched out with 5, 6, 7, and 8 iron. Some of the shots here on my local course calls for a delofted 8 iron. The 5 is more my long yardage iron stinger shot when I am hitting it well. I have been known to get that out there 175 to 200 on a low flying worm burner much like a utility iron. As always it entirely depends on the shot.

I punch out with my 4i, lowest iron in my bag and I can get a ton of distance on a low punch if I have a good angle.

almost always a 5 iron unless i have to get a little more distance out of it then i will go 3 iron.

I don't mind hooding a seven iron, but my favorite is to choke up on my hybrid on a shot that needs to turn over hard left. It's always so much fun to watch that flight.

My 3UT has been a great club for these kind of shots.

Back