Whats your swing or setup nemesis?

I set up right. I always set up right. And I ******* hate it.

My biggest issue is swaying and not putting my weight back correctly. I too many times get in a habit of swinging back with little to no weight moving to my back foot, then coming forward causing the shot to be too lofted, fat, or thin.

I have two:

Closed club face

My left arm bends on my down swing

Seems mine changes of a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Biggest swing nemesis is my club face gets open too quick during the takeaway. It’s a move I have been fighting for years

Occasionally I will set up and grip an iron with the face slightly closed. A miss left occurs 90 % of time.

Ultimately alignment - allowing my left shoulder to slide forward, which leads to open shoulders at address. It doesn't mean I'm pushing it wide right, but rather setting myself up for an outside-in swing path which is slice city. If I can consciously pull the shoulder back and have my left hand just "hovering" around the grip it's going to be a good swing.

Bad balance or tempo causing an OTT move. I know I'm doing it but sometimes can't stop it.

biggest thing for me is the wrist position at the top. the hands push up and the wrists don’t set. working on keeping the hands lower so the wrists let everything set. when this happens, speed goes up, attack goes up, and everything is mo better.

#2 is alignment on the tee box. i’m fine in the fairway, but with a peg in the ground my brain goes haywire.

There's a myriad of mistakes and I really don't know the root cause of them all. Lack of weight shift and/or weight shift backwards seems to be the most damaging, with tempo being a close second. A slower tempo can sometimes help with the first.

swing nemesis, you ask? one word. golf.

For me it is alignment, but not in the usual sense. I don’t have a problem aligning myself in my intended direction.
My issue is when the hole dictates that I aim somewhere other than perpendicular to the line between the tee markers. If I need to aim to one side or the other, my brain won’t seem to let my body make my normal swing. I always seem to try to guide the ball back to the middle, which results in some absolutely terrible shots.

Historically, I have fanned my club face open during the takeaway. This has caused me to be over-the-top and flip, because if I didn't, I'd hit the ball 90-degrees right. I'm making progress on fixing it, but man does it feel mega-closed now.

I have a problem with doing everything I need to do in my setup every time. I just blank out and and don't know what or how to finish it. Just old age clouding my mind. It does get frustrating at times though.

What fixed my alignment issues was always being aware of the lead shoulder in relation to the target, usually the flag, and knowing what setup for each club works, for instance my lead shoulder should be pretty much right on the flag for short clubs, a couple fingers of space for mids, a full hand for longer clubs.

I think mine would be the fact that all these courses cut the grass on the tee box WAY too short.
I only take 18 swings out of the short stuff per round and it really throws my game off.

OTT pull hook, which is caused by a myriad of things, mainly the goo I call my brain. If there is any sort of trouble to the right, my mind immediately tells my body to steer the shot left, instead of just trusting the draw I normally hit. Sooooo frustrating!!

Start out leaning backward (i.e away from the target, too much weight on back foot).
Lean farther backward during backswing.
Stay back during downswing and just fling my arms at the ball.

Or as a friend puts it, all windup and no followthrough. It wrecks my driver swing, my iron swing, my wedge swing. I even do it in the short game. Once in a great while I'll catch myself setting up to putt with my weight on my back foot.

I've been doing that for so many years it is damnably hard to stop doing. But the last few months I've seen some improvement so maybe I won't be doing it the rest of my life. It always feels like I've accomplished a miracle when I finish a swing posted up on that front leg, in balance and facing the target. Makes golf such an easy game when I do that!

My biggest issue is swaying and not putting my weight back correctly. I too many times get in a habit of swinging back with little to no weight moving to my back foot, then coming forward causing the shot to be too lofted, fat, or thin.
Beat me to it, swaying back during the backswing rather than rotating is my BIGGEST flaw. I've got plenty of others, but this is one I fight every time I step up to hit a shot.

Ball below my feet with anything shorter than a 4H.

Back