When are gallaries supposed to return at PGA Tour events?

Daddio

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Apologies if this has already been duscussed. While I really like the tv coverage without fans better I'm curious as to when fans are supposed to be back? Is the decision contingent on location or is there a date?

FWIW they are selling tix to our local Korn Ferry event later this month. I'm unsure if they will limit it to fewer fans than past seasons or not but they are advertising tix pretty aggressively.

I believe the memorial had worked to allow a limited number of fans....like 7500 or something like that. I don't know if that is carrying over to this week even though it's at the same course.

Believe @ddec is right, it’s the Memorial. Do not believe they are allowing them this week at Muirfield, but know the Memorial will have them the week after.

Hopefully never? It’s been a superior viewing experience imo

Hopefully never? It’s been a superior viewing experience imo
It's so nice not to have to listen to morons screaming moron things. Today you could hear some of the spectators from adjoining homes screaming "Get in the hooooole!", and I was thinking how I didn't miss that. And besides, you can see the course better without all the grandstands, towers, etc.

It's so nice not to have to listen to morons screaming moron things. Today you could hear some of the spectators from adjoining homes screaming "Get in the hooooole!", and I was thinking how I didn't miss that. And besides, you can see the course better without all the grandstands, towers, etc.
Yes to all of this. The biggest difference for me is how much better you can see and appreciate the courses they play

It's next week I think. It will be interesting to see how this goes. The Tour doesn't seem to mind being the sports guinea pig right now.

Thanks. I agree. The televised golf is better without the hordes. Was wondering if no/low crowds impact how much these events generate for their charities though? Probably not as big a deal now with the big corporate sponsors?

I don’t think it’s worth them doing it. Just run the season with none and get to next year.

I don’t think it’s worth them doing it. Just run the season with none and get to next year.

I think this is where I am at too. It's a bummer, but I don't know if it's worth it.

I think this is where I am at too. It's a bummer, but I don't know if it's worth it.
Yup. It’s time to be safe rather than sorry. People are stupid, and they will find ways to be stupid no matter what you limit the number to or how you track them.

Yup. It’s time to be safe rather than sorry. People are stupid, and they will find ways to be stupid no matter what you limit the number to or how you track them.

along the same lines, I was reading an article this morning about the possibility of shifting college football to the spring.

Back to golf, the memorial will be an interesting litmus test, but I think it could end up leading down a wrong path.

I'm not interested in hearing the stupid shouts from the gallery. I prefer the empty courses right now.

Franklin County has been showing increased number of cases, and is trending towards the highest risk level in Ohio. I wouldn't be surprised if they canned allowing crowds into the event.

Don't think there is really a reason to let fans back until all this passes. Not hurting anything at all.

It is supposed to be the Memorial next week.. Franklin county which is the county that Columbus and parts of Dublin reside is one of 7 covid hotspots in Ohio. Based on Gov Dewine's press conferences of late. It will not surprise me if they announce this week fans are not allowed.

Yep! My buddy and his wife had tickets to the Memorial! Last week, they sent them a refund. Seems that no galleries shall be allowed there! My buddy loves that tourney!

Back