When do you see the greatest improvement?

OITW

Reaction score
When do you see the greatest improvement in your handicap?

Beginning of the Season

Middle of the Season

End of Season

I had some struggles early on and middle of the year, but it seems like my game is starting to settle as the season is winding down.

in the past it had been middle of the season when I saw my cap drop

End of the season often for me. Not sure why - you’d think the middle, but often when I get to tinkering and messing around I’ll throw a lower # than I shot all season out.

I would say middle of the season this year. Mainly because the beginning had a little rust and the end of the season saw too little golf due to a surgery, recovery time and the planets not aligning for me to get out enough afterwards (in which my game has actually regressed).

None of the above. I spent all winter working on the range and have been pretty consistent all year long. The only thing keeping me from better scores at the moment is short game and tightening up dispersion for more FIRs, GIRs, and better proximity to the hole.

I think some of that could be improved through some minor equipment changes. I think I need to increase swing weight on my irons slightly, I need to bend my 50 to 48 for better gapping, a new low bounce lob wedge, and probably a new putter as I was putting better with my previous Spider Tour Black.

I think I'm like baylrballa. Once I started playing more my swing got worse. Then I started playing less and my swing has gotten better and my scores are better. Had my best ballstriking round on a long time Saturday.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Hard to say since this is my first year back playing, and I had to take time off for injury this summer. Seemed like everything was clicking and it was dropping in a hurry middle of the season though. Had shaken the rust off and found enough consistency to press it where I could. Everything felt solid, and anything seemed possible. It's still dropping now, but injury, time off, and temporary swing changes have let inconsistency creep in. Scores are good, but the swing is more erratic. Hoping it will level back out as I continue to heal. I'll be able to judge a full season better next year. And I'm curious what effect the off season will have, because I agree with what baylrballa and DonJuan said. Real time off can help strip away bad habits. When it feels a little foreign, the body tends to go back to basics.

In the seasons that it has moved, I tend to improve the most towards the end after I’ve been grooving my swing all season and I’m in form

Beginning to middle of the season. Usally start off solid and hit a peak. Then slow down closer to this time of the year.

Typically towards the end. But last year and this year seem to run counter to that.

My HC has remained steady but my play has not. More dramatic swings but the system invariably tosses the worst.

Not disputing nor complaining about the process, it's just... I know when I'm playing well and when I am not. Now happens to feel decidedly, NOT.

For me, every year I play my best golf at the end of the year. I almost always start slow, don’t know why. Thus, early in the year when we have most of our tournaments, I am not playing to my potential. I wish I could reverse it. Ha ha.

I seem to play my best the last 4-6 weeks of the season maybe because I've given up on fixing anything and just go out and try to get the ball in the hole.

I started playing with some purpose in 2015. My game has improved each year within the season but not nearly as much as I expected. Something would improve; something, usually putting, would explode. Last year I made significant changes in my training and learning and this year those are clicking. Short game, from wedges to chipping and putter, is the biggest improvement. This feels like a significant game improvement step. With this baseline, I suspect that my game will improve within each season as I improve game management experience and hone the feel component each season. And then I'll reset to a baseline over each winter. Repeat. But this being golf, IDK. A man can dream.

Middle. I always start slow and limp to the finish. I think it's partly to do with changing conditions around here. Less daylight, cooler temps, much windier...

I start well and get better towards June, then the wheels fall off.

On a smaller scale, I get better after 2 rum and cokes.

When the heat (temperature) gets turned up over 90 degrees. Having to go long sleeves (under 70 degrees) or multiple layers causes a dip in my game.

End of the season this year, and that's primarily just because I've worked more recently.

End of the season this year, and that's primarily just because I've worked more recently.

Looking forward to seeing the game you bring into #TheGrandaddy buddy.

While I'm hesitant to use the words "greatest" and "improvement" in the same sentence when describing my game, the scores seem to be less crappy late summer, early fall. Improvement usually coincides with how much golf I'm playing.

Whenever I remember to follow my instructor's teachings, I play better. Beginning, middle or end. But usually toward the end when I really start to groove my swing .

Back