When is the last time you had a personal best?

Got it today! 40/36 for a personal best 76!

After popping an 84 a couple weeks ago it got me to thinking and I think my PB is an 82 waaayyyy back in 2002.

I’d gone awhile since having any personal bests but for whatever reason, this weekend I was driving incredibly well! Like, herd of unicorns well.

Friday evening I hit a PB distance of 315 yards. Then right away the next afternoon I bested that by another 3 yards.

4E374F9B-46F9-4EF5-9DFF-D7215BCE99D5.jpeg

Ok. WTF do you do from the island ?

that has to be every golfers question? What TFdo I do if end up here?

I’m not even sure what island. Y’all have a lot of them there.

Same score 3x in about the last year. Takes a really good day where I feel 100% and firing on all cylinders. Interestingly enough I think 2/3 were while posting in live round thread.

June 2018, -4 (68).

The rest of that year, until a back injury in October, was under par a few times. But since, the closest I've been is even par a couple times. Most recently a few weeks ago, included going -3 on the back.

I've been in a heckuva relative funk since '18. But for the first time since, my game has been showing signs recently.

I'm going under par. Soon. Dangit!

Haven't had a PB in a while now as my game doesn't seem as strong as it did at the end of last year, but I did get two birdies in a round the other week which was super exciting for me and one was a long putt from the fringe. One bad hole destroyed what would have been a new PB for me. Dang golf! :cool:

June of 2019. I shot 65, 7 under, with 6 birdies on the front, a chip-in birdie on 10 and finished out with all pars. The course is rated 68.6/115. No bogies on the day. Prior to that I think my best to par was 68 on that same course. I still consider shooting 70, 2 under, on a Pete Dye course rated 75.5/147 among my best ever.

This is an easy one for me. 7/3/2020. It was a Friday night and my buddy and I were playing a twilight round at our home course. Being a bogey golfer, I was quite pleased with a 42 on the front. Started the back on fire being 1 under after 4 holes. Followed that up with bogey bogey...still happy I was only +1 after 6 holes on the back. Then we come to Hole 16, 140 yd Par 3. Loaded up the 9i, fell short with a big hop to the green and it rolled into the hole for my first Hole in One. Couldn't believe it and still can't to this day. I am lucky that it happened on the 16th hole, because I was too wired for the remainder of the round and finished with a double and a bogey. In the end, I went 42/38 for an even 80 which is/was my all time low score....with an Ace to boot.

Man, I couldn’t sniff a PB right now. Swing is a wreck.

Birdied the #1 handicap hole at Eagles Landing on Saturday. Personal best on that hole!

Last edited:
I had a PB yesterday from our tips. I shot a -3 69 on a 72.1/130 rating from a little over 6600 yards. That my best by 3 shot from those. My previous PB was a 68 from our blue tees 70.0/128 from 6200 last February. It was a fun round and I played pretty well and putted really good!

I hit 10/14 fairways though 6 were irons or hybrids and 12 GIR. The 4 missed were all with driver but only one was a bad drive. The other 3 were good balls that barely missed the fairway with two leaving pretty good shots to the green. On the missed GIR 3 were less than a foot off the green and within 12-18ft of the pin. The other 3 I only had one I didn’t get up and down and that was out of a bunker from a plugged lie that I put 10 ft above the hole and almost made the putt.

Yesterday! Shot an even par 72. 15 greens in regulation. 2 birdies 2 bogeys. Some good lag putting and the stars were aligned. Previous best on this course was 75 2 years ago.

On Friday I had my personal best (83). Certainly didn’t feel like I was striking the ball well but I made a lot of putts and was chipping well. Yesterday I played one of the most difficult courses I have ever played and I honestly felt that if the weather was better I would have flirted with matching my personal best

To have a best would imply that I’m good at something, or at least as good as I’ve ever been.

Had 3 in 2018

-shot my best score ever
-hit my longest on course accurately recorded drive
-completed the “lifetime eagle every hole on the front of my old home course” -except the 2 par 3’s Dangit. Holed out from 150(est) from the opposing fairway after an absolutely horrible drive (I’ve driven that green before).

I did set a PB in 2021. I wrote down a 13 on a scorecard. For one hole.

This isn't a personal best but my handicap is at the lowest point it has been since I started back playing regular golf after 10 years of only playing work golf. I am currently at a 2.6.

Last Wednesday broke par and 70 with a 2 under round of 69 for the first time ever. Unsurprisingly followed it up with a 79 at the weekend still lots of work to be done.

Last Wednesday broke par and 70 with a 2 under round of 69 for the first time ever. Unsurprisingly followed it up with a 79 at the weekend still lots of work to be done.

Awesome round. It is a sign of your potential. I found once I broke par for the first time I got more comfortable with it and shot lower scores more often.

Last year I was in a good groove and had a couple of PB scores in the low 80's.

This year has been very inconsistent. Sunday was an annoying 92 with 5, yes 5, 3 putt holes. One 3 putt was from 6 ft out, should have been a birdie and turned into a bogie. It was a downhill putt but just garbage.

Chipping was not great either Sunday

Mid June, which coincidentally was the last time i broke 80. This season has been one of essentially standing still.

Started recurring lessons in August and i see improvement in striking that will hopefully soon show itself in scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a PB on Friday of +3 (my previous PB was +4 and I hit it once last year) I have been playing well lately and 4 of my last 5 rounds are on my hcp.

Back