When is the last time you had a personal best?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Maybe its a score or for those who track stats with Arccos or similiar maybe its lowest putts or something. I was just looking at my stats the other day and its been quite some time since I set any sort of personal best. Its been 2 months actually and it was 3 birdies in a round.

About 3 weeks ago with random partner. But watch, Sunday when playing with friends ill probably shoot 10-15 more than that lol

don't track a ton of stats, but January I definitely set a record for birdies in a round with 6. I think I had 12 putts on 9 around then as well which was surely a record. All downhill since.

I’ve had a few new bests this summer. Made back to back birdies for the first time, had 26 putts, and made 2 chip ins. All of these in separate rounds. Turns out sometimes quantity can turn into quality.

I think it was a few weeks ago, I’m about due for another. ;)

don't track a ton of stats, but January I definitely set a record for birdies in a round with 6. I think I had 12 putts on 9 around then as well which was surely a record. All downhill since.
6 birdies in 18 holes :oops: impressive! Especially for an 11 hdcp.

I think it has been like 3 or 4 years

6 birdies in 18 holes :oops: impressive! Especially for an 11 hdcp.
Mix in a couple doubles and triples and still end up +9. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: back 9 from that day. Putter was hot that day. Misremembered, looks like 11 putts that 9. Rattled the pin with a chip as well that would have been birdie 5. Wish I could do that now.
IMG_20200103_145401~2.jpg

Last edited:
I have to split this into 2 lives. Before kids and after kids.
Before kids my best was -2 70. Now, that was right after i got married, my wife worked at a gold course and i played every day. Then came kids......
Life 2, my personal best is 76 earlier this year. That was a freak day that i wont expect again for a while. Older me plays different courses. I shoot best when i know the course but the challenge of new courses and the struggle that goes with it is real and invigorating. My usual score is 90-95 due to a few crap holes that sink my score. But, while going for personal best is fun, i am older and i tend to set more realistic expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mix in a couple doubles and triples and still end up +9. 🤷‍♂️
Thats a crazy scorecard haha. Still as a 6-7 I've never had 6 birdies in a round ever. Thats an impressive feat

Fewest putts PB (30) - 5/25/19
Score PB (89, tie) - 8/19/17
Total rounds since 8/19/17 - 15

Been a few years for me. Really only thing I track is overall score or number of birdies in a round though. I did make 9 pars in a row the other day, not sure I've done that before but honestly have no idea.

Has been since March when I shot a PB score.

I went 94 straight holes without a bogey a couple weeks ago, which was a personal best by a LOT. Over double my previous of 40. And I break my PB of rounds played in a year every time I go out now!

June 21, 2020 68 (-4)

In terms of stats, I played the back 9 in 31 (-5) under for a final of 69, the front was holding on for dear life.

It’s been 32 years since shooting my PB of 76...I’m due!! :laughing:

Maybe its a score or for those who track stats with Arccos or similiar maybe its lowest putts or something. I was just looking at my stats the other day and its been quite some time since I set any sort of personal best. Its been 2 months actually and it was 3 birdies in a round.

Few months ago I had a GIR best (11/18). Couldn’t putt worth a darn that day, so didn’t capitalize on it like I should’ve. But it was the best all around tee-to-green day I’ve ever had.

PB early in this season. I feel like I've made improvements in every part of the game, but the results are just not showing up in lower scores. I'm stupidly consistent @ 80 +/-2, but just not finding a way to get lower lately. Maybe today ... I say that to myself all the time. Lower scores are coming, eventually. I believe that work will pay off.

loooooooong time probably years

At least 15 years ago (66) and I likely will never have another one as I don't play nearly as much golf as I did then, I am obviously older and not nearly as good. I did get it to 4 under a month ago but wasn't able to sustain it.

Just a few days ago, I played a very consistent round, that I consider my last pb played.

Shot 40/40 for an 80, with 30 putts. Didn't really hit any bad shots for the whole round. Just kept doing what I was doing for all 18 holes. All pars, and bogies.

It came at the right time as I was with my cousin, and there was some family honor at stake. After our listed handicaps were figured in, I beat him by 2 strokes. He shot his usual 78.

Of course I had to endure his sandbagging remarks, but it was all in good fun. At 70 years old, he's still better than most golfers half his age. I was fortunate to win these latest bragging right.

I was +2 on a difficult course I had never played before 3 or 4 years ago. That may have been a personal best for first time playing a course

I shot 78 twice in April and my game has gone south ever since.

About 9 months ago with score and number of birdies in a round. Those were the days!

Back