When is the last time you had a personal best?

Lowest score (70, 1-under): July 2017
Fewest putts (25): May 2017
Most birdies (5): June 2016
Most pars (14): June 2016
Most fairways (12/14): June 2020
Most GIR (16): July 2017 - same round as lowest score...weird

I had 4 pars in a row this Tuesday which I have not done in a while and had lowest score for 18 a month or so back. Since that time scores have crept back up

October 2019 was when I shot my PB of 74 (+2) and I think it could be a while before I beat that based on how I have been playing lately
I think the closest I have got is around 78/79 lately at my home course, although I did shoot a +4 at a different course a few weeks ago, but it is quite a bit shorter and easier than my home course

Last week during a 9-hole round (+1 37), I had my best fairway%/GIR% combo, at 86% fairways and 67% GIR.

I 'completed' the combined round on the back 9 a few days later as expected: 43% fairways and 22% GIRs.

Broke 90 twice in the same month at two different courses. But that was over a year ago when I flirted with 90 for a couple months. Now I'm just trying to get back to the low/mid 90's. Been upper 90's ever since. Even an occasional 100.

When I think of personal best I think of score. I had a few rounds of 70 (on 72s) back in the 80's but never broke 70.

The last time I shot 70 I was -4 with two to go, and finished bogey/bogey to card 70 - Argh!

crazy to think that I am striking the ball the best I have been in a while, but I cannot put it all together to go out and get that PB. sooon..... sooooonnn....:cool::cool::cool:

Personal best? It has been probably 4 years ago if I had to guess.

I did shoot a PB at my home course a couple of months ago and haven’t sniffed it since.

Last edited:
Yesterday :ROFLMAO:

Even par from 7k was my low from that distance.

92 on 6/9/2017. I had shot an 86 many years ago, but back then I tended to take certain "liberties" on the course. so I no longer consider it my PB.

1985. 35 years. I tied my personal best low round of 68. I’ve never kept track of any other stats.

6/2013: 68 with a few bogeys on the card. Coulda been much better that day. (y)
It was always a struggle for me to get every aspect of the game to align for me on any given day. I think its called golf?

Trying desperately to get back on the course again. Last round in '15 I shot an 80 and I had a stroke earlier that year. (I'm only 45.)
Interesting day as it was a course I had played a zillion times, but first round for me since the course re-do and it was hot.
My body is a wreck so I just want to get out there and see what I can do. Life just is not cooperating.
Made it to the range 4 times and 4 large buckets this summer. Just swinging a club again felt like a personal best. Lotta PT to make it happen.
The shots weren't bad, so I'm really not sure what I'd shoot. I've putted a lot and that's looked good when at the course practicing. Short game was pretty good. The full swing felt odd having not done it for so long, but its still in there.

I did a couple hours of yard work yesterday and now my left foot keeps wanting to cramp today from my lower back. :ROFLMAO:
"Gettin' old ain't for sissies." :cool:

I'm pretty sure it's been a long time, like 2-3 years, since I've had a score or # of putts PB.

Got my first eagle last year so I guess that counts for something.

I guess it's been 11 months since I hit 8 pars in a round. That was the last personal best I can find.

About 3 weeks ago i had the best front nine of my golfing career with a 39. What really sucked is we only could play 9 and not do all 18. I felt in a good grove and think that may have been the round to break my personal best and goal i set for this year of breaking 80 but I will never know.

About 3 weeks ago i had the best front nine of my golfing career with a 39. What really sucked is we only could play 9 and not do all 18. I felt in a good grove and think that may have been the round to break my personal best and goal i set for this year of breaking 80 but I will never know.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if you haven't played that course since, you can play the back nine and combine it as a complete 18 towards your HC.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if you haven't played that course since, you can play the back nine and combine it as a complete 18 towards your HC.

Have not played it since and will have to see if i get back to play it this year. Its about a 4 hour drive and by a buddies cabin so don't always get to golf every time i go there, we will see.

About 2 weeks ago when I shot my PB

About three weeks ago I tied my best again with a 79. In general though this seasons scores have been a bit schizophrenic

Back