When is the last time you had a personal best?

are you trying to make me depressed?! just over 3 years

Shot a 37 last Thursday in my 9-hole work league. 3 putted my last hole because I gave my Eagle putt too much gusto and had a 15ft comebacker. I am an 8 handicap on 9 holes.

I don't keep stats and not even my score. That being said the last time I shot my personal best score was 12 years ago a 69.

Sure as hell wasn't my last round. Worst I've played in if not forever, it was top 3 in the last 20 years

I had a personal best on my new home course yesterday of 78 from the back tees. These days that is my target. Days of true PBs are likely past.

Today

35 (even par) 4 footer on 9 from first under par nine ever 38 on the back 73 total
Great start and way to keep it going for the round! Congrats!

Its been over a year since I shot a personal best 87. On a par 72 6300 plus yards course with a rating/slope of 70.2/121 from the white tees.

A few months before that I shot an 88 on a different course. One that is overall a little longer but I consider to be easy because they don't have near as many trees and water holes.

For some reason after that 87 I started struggle again and my scores creeped back up to upper 90's/low 100's. The past few months I've improved quite a bit and my scores are pretty steady in the low 90's. I feel like this time I can sustain it because there are parts of my game that are much better than before. Especially the chipping game. I believe I'm going to have a new best before long. Last time it felt more lucky than good. Now I have more confidence.

I guess we take our little victories, or PB's where we can. Playing in a two man scramble this year, we birdied 5 holes in a row! Had never done that before even with a larger team. A couple of years ago, playing a course that features quite a lot of elevation change, we come to a steep uphill par 3. It's a good 2 club hill, so I club up and just flat murder the ball! The pin was cut on the front, and I was off the back of a very deep green! Easily 60-70 feet to the hole, downhill all the way on greens that were as slick as ice! I hit a little chip about 2 feet onto the green and it started trickling. One of our group walked along with the ball the whole way down while I watched from where I hit it. About 10 feet from the cup I thought it had a chance to go in! It rolled in dead center! We all jumped in the air and everybody came running up to give me high fives! Absolute PB chip shot of my entire life!

Other singular accomplishments will have to be in much the same way, since my PB score wise was a 69 on a par 72 course of just over 7,000 yards from the tips back in my early 20's. I'm now 68, so I'm not going to be in that territory ever again.

My best score was 20 years ago when I was taking the playing test for the PGA, a 64 in the first round. I shot my lowest score since my wife and I had kids this season which was a nice feeling.

Tomorrow.

I don’t track anything other than score, so I couldn’t begin to tell you. It’s probably been at least five years for that. I did recently have five bogeys in a row, which may very well be my longest stretch without a double or worse.

I tied my PB in 2019. I didn't come close to sniffing it this year.

Although I don't think I have ever played a round without losing a ball till this year so that's something right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Two years ago. I feel like most facets of my game are better right now except for driver. That's been a hot mess since I started messing with different combos.

Today

35 (even par) 4 footer on 9 from first under par nine ever 38 on the back 73 total
A 73 is surely going to take a bite out of your handicap. Such an awesome round, my friend! It doesn’t surprise me, though.

Early summer of 2018 I was firing on all cylinders.

I shot my PB ever for 18 with a -6 66 on a 6600 yard 72.0 slope 130 course. I also had a round where I hit 13/14 FW’s including two rediculous intentional hooks to leave me a wedge in on a 5. My ball probably curved 75 yards on each of those. My lone miss wasn’t really a miss, I just clipped the lone branch that could derail my plans. I was trying to cut another corner.

I reached my latest personal "best" in 2020 with the driver............ and it lasted pretty much all season.

I had a 36 hole stretch where I only missed 4 fairways.

Back