When is the last time you had a personal best?

Today

35 (even par) 4 footer on 9 from first under par nine ever 38 on the back 73 total
Nice! Told you...7 or lower next year 😉 no more of this double digit nonsense

-1 (35) during a quick nine holes. One bird, 8 pars, 7 FIR & 7 GIR and I'm sure 15 putts.

That nine holes just seemed easy, now a long wait until it happens again :ROFLMAO:

I have to split this into 2 lives. Before kids and after kids.
Before kids my best was -2 70. Now, that was right after i got married, my wife worked at a gold course and i played every day. Then came kids......
Life 2, my personal best is 76 earlier this year. That was a freak day that i wont expect again for a while. Older me plays different courses. I shoot best when i know the course but the challenge of new courses and the struggle that goes with it is real and invigorating. My usual score is 90-95 due to a few crap holes that sink my score. But, while going for personal best is fun, i am older and i tend to set more realistic expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m in the same camp... summer of 2019 my wife was pregnant and as a last hurrah I got a little membership at a local public course. As a teacher with the summers off I was playing 36 nearly everyday. I hit a stretch in July where i shot even par 72 six days in a row.

Now, if I break 80 it’s a miracle. With my son being 10 months old and COVID , the rounds this year have gone way way way down hill. I played 136 that epic year, this summer was a whopping 5 rounds.

Just thought of another one, kinda, sorta! 2 years ago my buddy and I were playing a local, upscale daily fee course. We were both 65 at the time, and we had lost some distance. I had been telling him we should move up to the senior tees. He was laboring under the illusion that he was hitting it much further than he was, and didn't want to. We reach the tee of a par 4, and the on cart GPS read 399 yards. I hit a drive that I just flat crushed! He hit his usual drive, and I made it a point to ask him how far he thought he hit that ball. He said about 250-260. Huh?! We get to his ball and the GPS reads 180 in. I told him that he had hit that drive about 220. He actually tried to say the GPS was wrong. Yet, I could see my ball a good 70 yards further down the fairway.

We get to my ball and the GPS read 100 yards in. So I hit that driver 299! At 65 I'll take it! But one thing does bother me. I wish I could remember just exactly how I did that. Haven't come close since! I must have done everything exactly perfect by accident!

April of this year I ahot and tied my PB with two 78.

On Black Friday, I shot a 36 on the back nine at my home course with the temperature starting off in the mid 40’s when we started. I have never shot par for a side in my life.

Nice! Told you...7 or lower next year 😉 no more of this double digit nonsense

Haha - wasn’t in season

Probably out those King Tours up and play another full season with the MC Bag and see how low I can go though.

Last year played 9 holes and par'd all 9, pretty sure I had never done that before.

I actually carded a PB on the back 9 of a local course I've played a lot over the years in mid-September. Back plays tougher than the front and I carded a 42. I live updated in here for that round, and it was one of my first rounds with the Chrome Soft TT. My driver played nice that day as I didn't take a single penalty with it.

It’s been at least a decade since I’ve had a personal best. I did have a 17 GIR round in July or August of this year which only happens once every few years and likely less going forward.

Shot a 73 February of 1999 at Ocotillo in AZ

Had a 75 in 2018, but haven't topped that 73....yet!!

Hole 3 is my nemesis. It is the longest of the par 4s (422 from the whites, 433 from the blues), it is one of the two holes I have yet to birdie, and historically, there is only one other hole where my average drives are shorter than on this hole.

It was playing up at only 410 today, per my Shot Scope watch. This one finished a step inside the 100 yd marker.

Screenshot_20210503-193936.png

Pay no attention to the horrendous wedge that followed.

Shot my PB of 74 on April 12th, and have broken 80 six times this year - had only done it once before in my life, a 79 back in July of 2016.

Shot my PB of 74 on April 12th, and have broken 80 six times this year - had only done it once before in my life, a 79 back in July of 2016.

Great golfing. If you have broken 80 six times this year you won’t be a 12.1 index for long. Nice work.

Lowest putts per round at 30 with some THPers two weekends back, at least according to the last few years I’ve been keeping stats in The Grint.

Just seeing this again I have decided my golf career is going to be in two parts. I shot 65 twenty years ago. Since then I mostly took more than 10 years off of serious golf plus had a serious illness that sapped swing speed. I have been playing regularly for about 4 years again and the planets aligned last November for a 69. That is my new PB. There is a chance I could best that again but I think 65 is probably out of reach.

It’s been a fairly good start to the year for me, personal best-wise:
  • I had my longest drive ever this year! 338 (way downhill with a very strong wind at my back)
  • +9 81 is my best round since I started tracking my handicap again
  • 3 sandy pars in one round and a 4th up and down for bogey from the bunker that day
  • 2 birdies in the same round (ties my record)
420CBECA-731D-4E94-B93A-997AE82B6192.jpeg

As far as score goes it was 2007. Shot an even par 71 on a course that I have played 1000 times.

2021 is the year I break par though (hopefully)!!!

Last PB was last year, I shot a +2 72 at an easy course nearby. Haven't quite got that level going this year yet but had 5 or 6 scores under 80 last year so hopefully it's coming!

2018 shot a 88 for me that was my PB but I am going to fix that this year!!

Back