I will play in a drizzle, light rain but anything heavier I will wait it out under cover. A lot depends too on where I am in the round.

I'm not a rain guy so unless I'm playing in some kind of event I'm out. A drizzle or pretty light rain I can handle but if it starts coming down steady I'll be gone.

Thunderstorm or lighting and I’m out and done for the day, no waiting around. If it’s a heavy rain and I have rain gear I may play, or may call it. Just depends for me how many holes are left and how the round had been going.

Play until ordered off the course due to thunder/lightning. (y)

Summer rain here is often from isolated T-storm cells. Seek cover and wait a few minutes. Play on. For sustained rain, I’m done. Light, intermittent rain ... stick it out.

I'll play through rain - though I won't be thrilled about it.

If it's accompanied by electricity, get me the @#$% outta there pronto.

I play till I need to putt ith a driver a little longer if I have been drinking.
I have seen this. It is accurate. I may have been an accomplice once.
I recollect an Ohio gathering where the skies opened and there were lightning strikes close enough for us to scamper to safety. Well, all of us except for Ben The Intrepid Explorer. He soldiered on for a few more holes to our amazement, and disbelief. Came in a sodden mess while we were on the patio.

Last edited:
I'll play through a lot of rain. Thunder doesn't faze me much, lightning only when it's pretty close. I do have a buddy, that, on the second peal of thunder, disappears like a ninja.

I'll play in whatever. When I was working at a course, rain days use to be the best because you could have a group of you head out and have the course to ourselves. A lot of great times, just need to make sure the rain gear is always in the bag.

It’s an outdoor sport. And the elements are part of the challenge and expectation. Heck, there are advantages to playing in the rain. It’s hard to see the ball, In the gray wet skies. In rain, hit the ball, and just look down the fairway for the splash. LOL. And the rooster tails on the green tell you how straight your hitting your putts.
Was a wet spring this year in the south. If you didn’t play in the rain, you didn’t play...for weeks on end. That simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You live in the UK, you learn to deal with it

Personally, if it is already raining before we tee off we will probably not bother heading out, but if it starts whilst we are on the course we will play through it unless it gets so bad that the course calls everyone off

heavy, steady rain is a no go for me. Drizzle/mist is fine.

Back