mreiter

Titleist Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you power thru when it rains during a round of golf or are you done?

A very light rain or mist I will play through. A quick moving shower I will wait out. If it soaks the fairways and greens I would rather call it a day than play mud ball.

I little rain doesn't phase me at all. If I'm going to be soaked through by the time it or I am done though, I'm out. I suffer the elements enough during the rest of my life.

When they turn the sprinklers on that's a clear sign they want you to go home. Oh, you live where water falls from the sky. :rolleyes:

If the rain is light I play. Medium to heavy time to head in

If it is a mist or passing shower, I’ll push on or wait it out. A lingering shower or more and I’ll either wait it in the clubhouse or call it a day.

I usually play better in the rain. I don't like the elements, would rather it not be raining. But I tend to narrow my focus, play more conservatively and ultimately, score better.

The flipside being my bad back. Wet weather doesn't mix well yet I'll still usually play better.

So if my back feels good, I keep playing. Rain gloves on, I'll even ditch the umbrella and embrace getting soaked.

A hint of pain or discomfort though... I'm out.

Rain is something I very rarely have to deal with in Las Vegas, so my tolerance for it is very low. I think the last time I was caught in a serious rain storm was playing in Utah. We tried to wait it out, then to play through it, but eventually had to throw in the towel.

Depends where I am on the course and how serious the round is. I don’t mind playing in the rain because once your wet it doesn’t matter. I use a pair of rain gloves and keep my grips as dry as possible.

Light rain or a passing shower i will [lay through it or wait it out......Frakin starts pouring, i am headed to the truck...

Do you power thru when it rains during a round of golf or are you done?
Power through!!! We might get to power through a round together this weekend LOL!

As long as there isn’t standing water on all or most of the greens - it’s go time

I’ll play in the rain as long as I can see and no lightning is present. I wear prescription sunglasses that really fog up and I cant see anything if it rains too hard. Happened last week but I stuck it out.

Rain doesn’t bother me - I won’t melt. Besides, I keep appropriate clothing for the elements in my bag.

Power through!!! We might get to power through a round together this weekend LOL!
That's kind of where I was going with this ;)

I tend to lean toward finishing the round unless the course management runs me off. My kid wanted to quit last week when it misted on us a bit. I laughed at him. Not sure what he thinks is gonna happen when he gets in the middle of a tournament and it rains a little bit.

if it’s steady, i’m done. if it’s a light drizzle that will stop soon, i’ll power through. but i despise playing in the rain.

I tend to lean toward finishing the round unless the course management runs me off. My kid wanted to quit last week when it misted on us a bit. I laughed at him. Not sure what he thinks is gonna happen when he gets in the middle of a tournament and it rains a little bit.

haha I loved when it rained during tournaments when I was a kid. It weeded out a lot of the pampered guys who could afford to quit their practice rounds and only played/practiced when conditions were great. Moved me right up the leaderboard.

Now the seat of the cart gets wet and I'm like 'Eh, I can finish this round later.' lol

I play till I need to putt ith a driver a little longer if I have been drinking.

Always power through. If the course is open, it’s go time!

More times than not, put on the rain gloves & get on with it. I usually play pretty well in rough conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning usually comes with FL rain, so if there’s a rumble, I’m off. Just pure rain though, I’ll go based on how heavy it is and then if I remembered to pack my rain gear.

I will if I’m on a golf trip or if it’s a light rain but a steady rain and I’m playing another day.

I’ll play in light rain at home, or pouring rain if it’s been a while, or if I’m traveling to play.

I'll play in steady rain, even if it's coming down pretty good. Any threat of lightning and it's over, obviously.

Back