When on the green,.......why....

Well played, sir. Well played.

I'm just sayin'... I don't think Mike and I see eye to eye on many things, but it just seems that rollin pulled out all the stops on this one and probably for no good reason.

I mean, the "dislikes" probably drive down a person's "reaction score", but it seems to me that no one can see the breakdown other than the owner (and likely admins). So, does it really matter in the grand scheme? It's akin to if we were all sitting around a table at a restaurant having some beers (I'm drinking milk, juice, or water) and every time I make a comment, someone speaks up and says they don't like that comment. Ain't gonna get me off my rocker. I could care less if someone likes my comments.

I dunno...

I do, he's a good dude.
And so am I.
You know what good dudes dont do?
They dont look to go out of thier way just to jab others which is what he did. And i don have to take the jabs which i have done many many times in these forums.

And so am I.
You know what good dudes dont do?
They dont look to go out of thier way just to jab others which is what he did. And i don have to take the jabs which i have done many many times in these forums.

Friends most certainly do throw a jab at friends once in a while.

I'm just sayin'... I don't think Mike and I see eye to eye on many things, but it just seems that rollin pulled out all the stops on this one and probably for no good reason.

I mean, the "dislikes" probably drive down a person's "reaction score", but it seems to me that no one can see the breakdown other than the owner (and likely admins). So, does it really matter in the grand scheme? It's akin to if we were all sitting around a table at a restaurant having some beers (I'm drinking milk, juice, or water) and every time I make a comment, someone speaks up and says they don't like that comment. Ain't gonna get me off my rocker. I could care less if someone likes my comments.

I dunno...
but why do it just to try to cause issue? Its one thing and even great to discuss and debate. But why (if your a good person) would you speak up to say you dont l;ike the comment just for sake of it? Why try to irk? i wouldnt and i dont.

but why do it just to try to cause issue? Its one thing and even great to discuss and debate. But why (if your a good person) would you speak up to say you dont l;ike the comment just for sake of it? Why try to irk? i wouldnt and i dont.

Why not do it? It's not hurting anyone. Why should he be silenced?

Friends most certainly do throw a jab at friends once in a while.
none of that was friendly humor.
I post in agreement with most folks on here that i also dont like rushing. I explain thats not my intent with the topic and which is something most everyone here was questioning.
And somehow that post gets a dislike.
There is nothing in such a post to disliek and in fact if anything it even implies one part in which i agree with the other side of the debating. And yet still that gets a tag.
that is done for no reason other than to irk. And that is not what good folks do.

Why not do it? It's not hurting anyone. Why should he be silenced?
really?. this has nothing to do with silencing someone in a discussion. It has to do with unnecessary intentional dig just to try to annoy another for sake of it. Thats a big difference vs speaking your opinion.

i dont care who you really are. I really dont. You know exactly that you were being a DICK by disliking posts of mine (every one of them) that were not at all posts with any content at all to dislike or like. But were just explanation. And you were doing that just to cause issue. It is what it is. Its not about disagreeing its about being a wise-ass which i never am and was not to you. But you just kept dislike after dislike after dislike even on posts with no real content to dislike. You clearly had agenda just to poke me.

If you are that much of a little b*tch to get your panties in a wad over a dislike to your posts, then I am living in your head rent free bro. It's the ******* internet, not everyone is going to agree with whatever you think is the right or wrong way to do something. You've disliked plenty of my posts and that's ok because unlike you I don't value your opinion on anything to have an emoji on the internet send my life in a tailspin.

Have fun bro.

thats because whatever routines you have are likely being done in a very practical and timely manor.
so do i and what you mention is not at all in my points nor intent. never did i say rush and in fact have made it clear is not what Im trying to do. i hate rushing as much as a slow round.
here are two examples of my posts in which he tags with dislike.
there isnt even any substance in these posts to like or dislike.
They are simply just add conversation to other folks I responded to .
But he tags them just for sake of digging.

here are two examples of my posts in which he tags with dislike.
there isnt even any substance in these posts to like or dislike.
They are simply just add conversation to other folks I responded to .
But he tags them just for sake of digging.
Well, I'm enjoying the added posts to my post count, I can tell you that. I think he's right though. If a simple "dislike" to your post upsets you that much, then he's living in your head rent free. I vote "let it go".

What's even better is when the idiot waiting to hit from 230 out only hit his drive 180 and somehow thinks he's gonna hit a 3wd on the screws and hit the green on the fly!
Well I will admit twice on Friday I was the guy in the fairway and both times I took my 3H out, and my only thought was "if I roll up on the green I will by them a beer" needless to say I left with the same amount of change I started the round with. But both times I was within 10 yards of the green.

If you are that much of a little b*tch to get your panties in a wad over a dislike to your posts, then I am living in your head rent free bro. It's the ******* internet, not everyone is going to agree with whatever you think is the right or wrong way to do something. You've disliked plenty of my posts and that's ok because unlike you I don't value your opinion on anything to have an emoji on the internet send my life in a tailspin.

Have fun bro.
the only time ever I disliked was only in very recent time after I seen what you were doing. Othere than that we could have disagreed forever and I had never even thought to dislike nor would have.

And even after you did I still didnt bother nor was going to. But until you then began to dislike posts of mine just for the sake of it that didnt even contain substance where a dislike even makes any sense yet you did so just to poke at me did i then goahead and give you some dislikes.

You intentionally tried to dig into me because that is the one and only explanation you can possibly have as to dislike some of the posts that you did.
You seem to forget that part.

Last edited:
One thing that helps me both on the course and also in threads that get contentious:

I try to keep in mind that the only thing I can control is myself.

Keeps me from getting worked up at slow players and such.

What the heck?

Guys, let's try to remember the THP Way. Its a simple rule. Don't be an asshole.

If the same people are involved with these issues repeatedly, it might be time to evaluate how posts are being taken, rather than the message.

If you have any questions, mods are always available via PM.

We will not resort to name calling, etc. on this community.

One thing that helps me both on the course and also in threads that get contentious:

I try to keep in mind that the only thing I can control is myself.

Keeps me from getting worked up at slow players and such.
the crazy part is that Im normally among the last in a given group to get worked up over the pace. i often even try to reson with others so that they can stay calmer when waiting.
Nor do i even feel that 415 rounds are slow. Ive even been kiled (in a good way) for suggesting such.
None the less most folks complain of slow pace and many do live where it is extreme;y long. But i only brought it up because i do feel greens is one the biggest reasons for pace issues. And no one has to agree.

Don't interrupt or distract somebody who is trying to execute a golf shot, anywhere on the hole. Have some cognizance about your surroundings. There is no such thing "accidentally distracted him", that is just rudeness. I like watching other people's putts because I want to see what the ball does near the hole, which helps me read the putt and hopefully make it.

What the heck?

Guys, let's try to remember the THP Way. Its a simple rule. Don't be an asshole.

If the same people are involved with these issues repeatedly, it might be time to evaluate how posts are being taken, rather than the message.

If you have any questions, mods are always available via PM.

We will not resort to name calling, etc. on this community.
My apologies for the choice of language i used.

Don't interrupt or distract somebody who is trying to execute a golf shot, anywhere on the hole. Have some cognizance about your surroundings. There is no such thing "accidentally distracted him", that is just rudeness. I like watching other people's putts because I want to see what the ball does near the hole, which helps me read the putt and hopefully make it.
Imo one dosnt have to distract another while doing many the things that can be done prior to a persons turn. In fact most things mentioned can easily be done while another person is not actually putting. What foklks can do....is take care of what we can while its practical to do so. I wouldnt expect people to be moving all over the place while one is actually putting. But we can do so while one is doing so themselves.

And just to note (or mention or ask) .....when a person is going to putt after you have and your ball didnt make the cup and you have no intention at all of finishing then why stop the other person from putting just so you can walk and go get your ball? Why not just allow that person who is already set and about to putt to then just make his putt?
i mean your going to pick up anyway. So why delay then other person who is readdy and about to pull the trigger just to go pick up? Since they are ready at that very second just let them putt and then walk and pick up. No?

Imo one dosnt have to distract another while doing many the things that can be done prior to a persons turn. In fact most things mentioned can easily be done while another person is not actually putting. What foklks can do....is take care of what we can while its practical to do so. I wouldnt expect people to be moving all over the place while one is actually putting. But we can do so while one is doing so themselves.

And just to note (or mention or ask) .....when a person is going to putt after you have and your ball didnt make the cup and you have no intention at all of finishing then why stop the other person from putting just so you can walk and go get your ball? Why not just allow that person who is already set and about to putt to then just make his putt?
i mean your going to pick up anyway. So why delay then other person who is readdy and about to pull the trigger just to go pick up? Since they are ready at that very second just let them putt and then walk and pick up. No?
Well, depending on how strict a person is playing, probably not very if gimmies are allowed, there are rules to what you can do on the green and what happens if a person putts their ball into another ball.

Nobody wants to distract someone but you can't guarantee it. Shoes squeak, you can accidentally drop your putter or ball, all kinds of stuff you can do can interrupt someone. Just stay still and let someone putt. If you want to move around fine but if you bother someone then hopefully they will tell you instead of stewing on it.

Your second point about not marking your ball. If my ball hits your ball then it is a penalty (provided I putt the ball from the green). Why would I give myself another way to lose strokes, doesn't make sense.

I agree some groups (very few) lose time on the greens, but those same folks are apt to be slow everywhere else.

I disagree that the greens are an area having a big impact in pace of play. Of all the types of strokes where extra time and a reduction of distractions are needed, it’s on the putting green, IMO.

1) Because I might be watching to see how everyone else's ball rolls on the green.
2) Because my competitor might have a similar line and I want to see the break.
3) Because I don't want to distract my competitor and expect the same courtesy.
4) Because in match play I might be deliberately trying to irritate you if I see that doing exactly what you're complaining about is bothering you.

Back