When You Need to Chip

Your leave requires a good chip to get up and down. You feel...

• Excited

• Hopeful

• Apprehensive

• Prayerful

• Terrified

Results are only viewable after voting.

leftshot

Remember to smile
Reaction score
Answer the poll question with the best fit for how do you feel when faced with a need to chip it close and then tell us why?

Answered 'hopeful' because I always feel hopeful, every shot, not just chips. Usually proves to be an overly optimistic feeling, but still, I gotta stay positive to have any chance. Chips, drives, putts, approaches, recoveries ... same-o same-o.

Hopeful! I expect every shot to go in. Not really, but I hit every shot with the hope that I can put it close.

I put excited because I expect to get up and down with every chip shot. I feel like this is the strength of my game. I have never met a chip shot I didn't like.

Excited. One aspect In golf I’m good at is my short game

I put excited, too. If I've missed by enough that the goal is to 'get it close', I feel more comfortable with a wedge in my hands than a putter. Opens up more options.

I’m apprehensive as I have had far too many misses than successes in this situation. Usually it’s chipped way too short and one putting isn’t very high percentage at the distances I leave myself.

The first one, I'm pretty confident with my short game.

Excited. I bring 4 wedges over to the green for a reason. I can usually get it close enough to make the up-and-down.

Excited! I am really happy with my short game and am pretty confident with it

I feel excited. My iron game has been hit or miss so I’ve come to rely on my short game to bail me out. I’m really comfortable with a wedge in my hand

I have become excited. I have been working on my short game with my coach a lot over the last year and the work has paid off. Couple that with a some RTX ZipCores and some Recoil Wedge Proto shafts and I’m pretty happy with where I am at currently.

It used to be terrified or prayerful but it has gotten really good and now it’s excited!

I put excited because I know I can get a wedge close from 20 yards and in. I'll take my one putt and walk off with par. :golf2:

Back in the day I would have answered "excited", but I went with hopeful now. I'm a much better chipper than pitcher of the ball, and I use anything from a 2H to a sand wedge depending on the type of shot called for. I like to get the ball on the green and running ASAP. I especially love my 8 iron for this. Way back in the day, when my irons stopped at 9, I accidentally broke my 9 iron. I was young and too poor to get it reshafted, so I had to use my 8 around the green. I got real good with it! Taught me a little imagination as well.

I'm hopeful that I have read the green well enough to have it run up close.or hole out, then comes the excited! 🙃

Excited, because chipping is one thing at which I'm more often then not, not half bad :)

I chose excited. Chipping is a very strong part of my game. Most times I’m trying to make it instead of just trying to get up and down. I got very close several times today but didn’t get any to fall.

Hopeful, with my arrow pointing up. I've seen a lot of improvement in my short game this year.

Guess my answer depends on how my game feels in general. Most often I’d say 1 or 2 is where I land.

I am a better chipper than a putter so I am excited

Back