When your game starts to click are you more excited to play?

chefkritter

It's the most wonderful time of the year
Reaction score
Handicap
So the couple of times I've had the chance to play this year my game has been less than stellar, borderline unbcearable but I still liked to go play regardless. I knew what I needed to correct in my swing but never had time to really try and fix it. So as this week came up and my son went from 4 sports to just 1, I got some time to get on the range and hit some balls and it began to click. I found myself swinging more comfortable and hitting quality shots. I know it's one thing to do it on the range vs the course but getting to play tomorrow I find myself more excited to play and more energized for tomorrows round than I have been in a very long time. I can't wait to get these Hogan PTX Pro's on the course knowing what they are truly capable of and sharing results and thoughts on them hopefully more good shots than the rest.

Not for me, no. I tend to get excited if I’m playing a new course or I’m playing a top course. Playing at my home course with my regular 4 ball, I don’t get excited. I still greatly enjoy it of course, I just don’t get excited.

My golf game is always "clicking" ....................one way or the other.

I just enjoy hitting the ball, finding it, and hitting it again.

I probably get more excited for others more so than myself.

Yes, if my game was on for a round I cant wait to get back out. The feeling of hitting good shots is so addicting, especially when you sequence a lot if them together!

Every time I play I think that today could be the day. New PB, HIO, whatever - it could be the day. So I go into every round with a sense of excitement and anticipation.

I don’t really seem to get on hot streaks where I string a bunch of good rounds together, my game is just randomly up and down, usually within a 5-10 stroke range.

Holy $4it youre alive!!!!!!!

I try never to get too excited because I knlow the next round is bound to go back to usual. I just enjoy the moment.

Yeah, I get jazzed. Golf will always be a journey, never a destination, so I experience a lot of fits and starts on that journey. When I finally grasp a concept and can execute it I look forward to putting it into play.

If I'm hitting my driver well, I'm more amped for my next round!! The driver definitely dictates how my rounds go!

I try never to get too excited because I knlow the next round is bound to go back to usual. I just enjoy the moment.
^^^This. Playing a better-than-average round is one of the most enjoyable things in this game for me. I have an easy time accepting those rounds for what they are and not some sort of trend.

Playing well is certainly addictive and gets me excited to keep going out until the high fades and my normal game returns. I might be able to sustain the higher level of play if I took a day off after say 3 straight good rounds but it is just so hard to stop when things are clicking the way they should.

I always think a personal best is right on the horizon, within the next round or two. It usually isn't. I tend to play better towards the end of rounds, which always makes me optimistic about the next time out. The reality is most likely that as my bad back loosens up, I swing more freely.

I'd say yes if I've been playing well I'm a tad more excited to play. That being said I'm always excited to play golf even when I'm playing terrible so it's only a degree more than normal.

Playing well is very satisfying but so is grind and fight mode. Either way I slwaysalwsus have great hope and enthusiasm for the next round.

Lately I am having a blast working the ball both ways with driver and adding in some different wedge shots. I get super excited when I can play with more creativity. Does that help me score better? IDK.🙃

It is definitely early, but grooving at the driving range hade heightened to start the season... Even thought I could play 9 today... Unfortunately... Rain today and sloppy muddy grass say nah.

If I have been playing poorly and I have a great ball striking round I do look forward to the next day I play.

Regardless of how I've been playing I'm always excited to be playing, have some fun, banter, hit a few well, hit a few not well.... beats any alternative.... Hope you hit'em well and interested in your thoughts on your Hogan PTX pro (those things are sexy!)

I’m excited to play whenever I get a chance to play, when my gave starts clicking I’m just as excited as not, always room (a lot) for improvement.

I've thought a bit about it and I'm gonna go with no. I get most pumped to play listening to someone talk about their outing, or how a certain club feels, or watching it on tv or seeing a lesson. Like, 'I want some of that!'. Makes me want to go play. If my game is in a groove I start thinking about how to press or take advantage of it. Longer/challenging courses, matches, personal best scores, etc., but that's not as exciting as hearing someone describe flushing one with their new irons or dropping a long double-break putt. That kind of thing gives me the itch even if I just finished playing an hour ago.

My level of play doesn't really increase or decrease my excitement of playing. Some things that do get me excited about my next round are playing with a good friend, playing a course I enjoy or love, or having some new gear in my bag.

Yes, When I am playing well I want to carry that feeling into the next round.

Absolutely. If my game is firing on all cylinders I want to play as much golf as I can. Playing well also inspires me to search out new courses.

No question, new equipment and playing well has me more excited for the next round. When things are going well, I just want to stay out there and keep playing.

With our short season up here in the Great White North I typically am always excited to play but if I get in a groove, I do look forward to the next round even more to see if was a fluke or something that will stick.

I remember a six or seven week stretch of golf about eight years ago where my lowest score was three over par. My handicap dropped like a rock, was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I haven’t had anywhere near a stretch of golf since then and of course those clubs are long gone. It sure was fun though while it lasted.

Things going well during one round doesn’t really get me too excited for the next one. I ha e enough experience with the “let down round” to know nothing is promised in regard to performance.

The things that get me excited about playing are getting to play with people I don’t see frequently, some kind of breakthrough in my lessons, trying out new equipment on the course, and good weather.

Back