When your game starts to click are you more excited to play?

So the couple of times I've had the chance to play this year my game has been less than stellar, borderline unbcearable but I still liked to go play regardless. I knew what I needed to correct in my swing but never had time to really try and fix it. So as this week came up and my son went from 4 sports to just 1, I got some time to get on the range and hit some balls and it began to click. I found myself swinging more comfortable and hitting quality shots. I know it's one thing to do it on the range vs the course but getting to play tomorrow I find myself more excited to play and more energized for tomorrows round than I have been in a very long time. I can't wait to get these Hogan PTX Pro's on the course knowing what they are truly capable of and sharing results and thoughts on them hopefully more good shots than the rest.
I think so. Im excited to tee it up every chance I get but when Im swinging the club well, hitting fairways, hitting greens, able to control my ball and shoot good scores; it certainly ratchets up the fun.
Theres nothing more fun that stepping up to a tee box, looking out over the hole and thinking to yourself, "I got this".

Yeah...when I'm playing well I find ways to get out more than usual.

I'm excited just to be playing. Does it help if I had a good previous round, not really cause I know I can screw the next one up real fast.

I always enjoy playing golf, but when things "click" it is more enjoyable.

Yes, to some extent, I suppose when I'm playing well I'm a bit more excited to play the next time.

I can say with certainty, there have been stretches where I've played poorly, and I definitely was not excited to get out and play again.

~Rock

Ummm I'd say 100% yes. If it isn't clicking I have no problem taking a week or two off. But if it's rolling I'm playing Golf.

Yes

Playing well is always addictive. When playing well I might just go to the course and play. I am still excited to go to the course when struggling but then I might want to get to the range and figure out what is going on.

Man I’m excited to play even if the game isn’t clicking. I could go shoot my worst score, walk off the 18th and be excited and want to get right back out there to do better.

Orrrr I could have just shot a PB and walking off the 18th I’d still be super pumped and want to go back out there.

I’m honestly always excited to play regardless of how I’m performing. Whether it’s the 50th round of the year at my home course or the first round on a new one. Give me allllll the golf!

After playing some bad golf for the last 3-4 months where I felt like I didn't know what my swing was doing, this weekend I hit the ball well and shot 40-35. I could and should have shot 2-3 better on the front just from not making a couple mistakes. I also gave myself a lot of birdie looks and hit some good putts that were close to going in but didn't drop and left easy tap ins for par. It was a lot more fun than the low 80's I've been shooting.

if i have a good round, and firing on all cylinders, it's great.... if i have 2 or more rounds like that, in a row, I start looking over my shoulder wondering when it's gonna end... :ROFLMAO:

Back