Where and with who do you take lessons?

About to start, annnnnnnnnnd I’m nervous as hell, THAT is how broken my swing has been.
Curious to see how it goes

I’m taking my lessons package with Scott King, Director of Instruction at Prince William Golf Course.

Curious to see how it goes
It went excellent. I’ve found my instructor.

We worked two hours today, massive focus on posture and pivot. Lots of video which he broke down with me and it instantly made sense. Lots and lots of work starting to ingrain the move though of really pivoting properly to give myself room to get the club up. Also work on shortening my swing.

Used a training aid called the LC-1 (linear compression) to really help keep connected and realize where the top of my swing should be. Immediately bought one when I got home.

It was crazy how “off” my feels were, and how badly I was rolling the club inside as well as getting too uptight at the top of my swing.

Saw a MASSIVE launch angle change with the 6i we were drilling with, and got to peak heights of 35 yards which had me laughing. Also had my start line on target to right of it, rather than the low left pull.

Now, moving to driver wasn’t good, as the longer club left me with massive issues exposed still of not trusting a real actual pivot.

I’m excited. I’ve got about 4 drills to do nightly indoors to help ingrain it during the rain, then I’ve also got videos to reference of me working on it properly. Cool thing is Jonathan has an app I can upload to and keep touching base with him on it all. Going to work hard for a couple weeks then go back for another 2 hour lesson before I leave for Myrtle.

TPC River Highlands
Ron Scheyd

Jon Sinclair, sinclairgolf.com, Euless, Texas, two huge garage bays at the back of the Texas Star range.

We worked two hours today, massive focus on posture and pivot. Lots of video which he broke down with me and it instantly made sense. Lots and lots of work starting to ingrain the move though of really pivoting properly to give myself room to get the club up. Also work on shortening my swing.

Used a training aid called the LC-1 (linear compression) to really help keep connected and realize where the top of my swing should be. Immediately bought one when I got home.

It was crazy how “off” my feels were, and how badly I was rolling the club inside as well as getting too uptight at the top of my swing.

Saw a MASSIVE launch angle change with the 6i we were drilling with, and got to peak heights of 35 yards which had me laughing. Also had my start line on target to right of it, rather than the low left pull.

Now, moving to driver wasn’t good, as the longer club left me with massive issues exposed still of not trusting a real actual pivot.

I’m excited. I’ve got about 4 drills to do nightly indoors to help ingrain it during the rain, then I’ve also got videos to reference of me working on it properly. Cool thing is Jonathan has an app I can upload to and keep touching base with him on it all. Going to work hard for a couple weeks then go back for another 2 hour lesson before I leave for Myrtle.

You should start a thread to track/share your progress. I’m sure you’re excited to work on these new drills.

You should start a thread to track/share your progress. I’m sure you’re excited to work on these new drills.
I might just do that. I desperately need the rain to stop so I can really get to work though!

I took my first lesson in awhile with my coach and I was having an issue with consistency. Within 5 minutes he identified the takeaway on my driver was getting too far inside and we adjusted. I knew it was something along those lines but having an outside observer who knows your swing is invaluable.

I took my first lesson in awhile with my coach and I was having an issue with consistency. Within 5 minutes he identified the takeaway on my driver was getting too far inside and we adjusted. I knew it was something along those lines but having an outside observer who knows your swing is invaluable.
Ugh. The inside takeaway, the bane of my existence right now. Funny how you can feel what you’re doing, but it’s so hard to make yourself change, but a good instructor is so effective in addressing the issue in an easy to understand way.

Listened to a podcast with Jonathan the other day and he seemed like a really good dude. He post some really good on his IG so it good to hear it also translates in person. Finding the right instructor is amazing. Find mine a few years ago problem now is others have found him as well and getting into see him is nearly impossible.

Bobby Savaadra At Fred Enke in Tucson. Helping me recover full swing mechanics coming back from an injury.
Taking some short game tips from a local scratch that I play with sometimes, working on bunker play a bit, which is really the weakest part of my game.

Back