Where are my DC fans?

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Besides being an incredible Superman and altogether DC fan, I am a huge fan of the Rock movies. I always find Dwayne Johnson’s movies entertaining.

So, I can’t wait to see all the fun movies and TV shows coming next year.

Who is looking forward to Black Adam?

Struggle with some DC decisions, but glad this one is finally coming.

There should be as many Batman movies as there are Bond movies. I guess we're on track for that, but keep making them WB and DC. It's fun seeing different takes on the story.

Looooove DC.

As far as cinematic (live action) universes go, Marvel owns it and it isn’t close.
But DC animated movies are absolutely amazing, and far surpass anything they’ve done live action.

So who got a DC NFT?

Looooove DC.

As far as cinematic (live action) universes go, Marvel owns it and it isn’t close.
But DC animated movies are absolutely amazing, and far surpass anything they’ve done live action.
I agree with this last part 100%.

But I keep watching and hoping anyway. :(

I started watching Titans on HBO Max. Dang that's a good show.

Really fun juxtaposition to Teen Titans GO!, which is a fantastically silly show.

The thread title said where are my DC fans. I really want to be one but they make it hard. Marvel has movies coming based on comics I have never read but I am still more interested than the DC lineup.

Pretty much excited to see anything the Marvel/DC studios do. The DC movie lineup hasn't hit me in quite the same way, I think because in general they don't seem to put the same amount of time/effort into really explaining backstories quite as much, which helps explain the *why*? But I loved the Snyder cut, for example, and the first WW was tremendous. To note, I was never a comic book guy but love the movies/characters and all the backstory stuff. I've made up ground over the last several years after being behind.

But looking forward to seeing what the Rock can do here. Will definitely watch.

Also, I don't know the history of the character so maybe it's a line from that, but "The Man in Black has come around" seems to be a combination of two Johnny Cash references, and I'm all for that as well!

The biggest problem DC has going forward is their continuity issue.

Do you just start over, but they have so many movies in the works or just forget the idea of a one Universe and just make each individual movie stand on its own?

I am looking forward to the new Batman, Flash, Black Adam, Shazam 2, and Aqua Man 2 movies, but not sure if they can ever really create a strong “Universe” like Marvel created.

And how can DC move forward without it’s greatest property of Superman? Do you simply reboot or something else?

I am betting Dwayne Johnson is going to make the Black Adam a fun entertaining movie, but I am not sure how it can lead to anything other then a few movies versus a whole franchise.

I don't see any reason why they can't take a dual approach to their story lines. I absolutely LOVED the Spiderman animation presentation with into the Spiderverse. I'd 100% a dual threat of real and digital releases, because they take on a life of their own.

Also, I don't see the obsession with collecting members for big story movies. It was cool to watch the Avengers, but DC already has the group story with XMen (not to mention the Netflix series crossovers). Muddying the waters by adding in multiple characters into movies together seems like they are trying to 'match' not present in their way.

Also, I don't see the obsession with collecting members for big story movies. It was cool to watch the Avengers, but DC already has the group story with XMen (not to mention the Netflix series crossovers). Muddying the waters by adding in multiple characters into movies together seems like they are trying to 'match' not present in their way.
I think I understand where @fuffle master is coming from though, not necessarily with a group thing, but XMen is Marvel, not DC.

There seems to be no timeline or anything, and that does lead to some confusion or lack of interest.

Like Marvel, DC does have plenty of characters they can make individual movies with. However, most DC fans want to see the big build up to a fight with Apocalypse. That movie would need a team up Marvel style. DC rushed things to get to Justice League and it failed. On the side, I did like the Snyder Verse Justice League on HBO Max.

I have to wonder can both Marvel and DC continue to be profitable/successful without the big name properties? No Iron Man, No Captain America for Marvel. And will the audience take to another crack at a rebooted Batman and Superman?

What I don’t like and maybe it’s just me is that DC isn’t building to anything. You seem to be all over the place. They decided to start fresh with a new Batman, but are keeping Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman set in a different multiverse. That could make it confusing. Will Black Adam be set in the new Batman’s earth, the original characters’ earth, or yet another multiverse? And will people even care? I still can’t wait to see the new movies and hope they are successful.

Will Black Adam be set in the new Batman’s earth, the original characters’ earth, or yet another multiverse? And will people even care? I still can’t wait to see the new movies and hope they are successful.
I have been wondering about that.
They seem to make some unique decisions and I won't debate some of them here such as the news of the latest Batman, but I think they could be doing a bit more in terms of a "universe"

Back