Where can I get my graphite shafts pulled?

Butane on most things, applies heat directly where needed and concentrated. Heat gun is to wide of a heat for my liking not as precise.
I’m starting to lean this way as well. I need to find myself a smaller handheld butane torch though.

I’m starting to lean this way as well. I need to find myself a smaller handheld butane torch though.
1634204773942.jpeg
This is the one I use minus the soldering tip, able to get the precise heat at the tip of the blue flame where it’s needed. If I’m doing steel shafts and removing lots of heads I’ll use a larger one like for soldering plumbing fittings but way to much for graphite.

I recently used Dicks to replace a shaft adapter on driver for me. They did a great job and it was only $4 which really surprised me.

Also, I do get why some say to not use Dick's but I was in a pinch and wanted it done since I couldn't make it out to my usual shop. Fortunately, when I dropped off the shaft the kid that took it in said he had not been certified yet to do them, but the guy that does it would handle it the next day. Worked out for me but I can imagine if the kid said, sure I can do that and then ruined it.

Found out my local course does shaft pulling and we’re able to do them today! Also, realized I wasn’t heating the hosel enough when trying to get out the residue shaft

Back