Where do clubs go to die

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With so many new great looking high tech club offerings coming out seems like daily. Where do old clubs go to die.

I have a corner in my basement. I have also seen bins at flea markets and antique malls.

Either in my spare bag in the garage, or I pass them down to friends.

Most likely my spare bags.

My brother who plays a couple times a year has a bag full of my old clubs.

My daughter has been on a toy story kick and now all I can think about is my old driver freaking out about being put in the attic lol

1) Garages
2) Goodwill
3) Idiots on Craigslist or eBay trying to get WAY too much for them...

If they are fairly new I will try to trade them in towards something else I want. If older they collect dust in my basement or garage. I should donate stuff but don't seem to do that well at that.

I usually give my old clubs to family members or neighbors getting into the game.

My golf closet. I actually buy old/older equipment for some reason. I've got older Hogan, Nike, Adams, Mizuno, WS irons, drivers, and fairways in there that still are decent, but not anywhere new enough to sell for decent money that I hoard.

First tee would be my guess for some. The rest, goodwill, play it again sports etc. Then there's just the ole landfill...

My old clubs go to my brother and other golfing buddies who are too cheap to buy their own.

First tee or trade in.

Keep as spares, give to people getting into the game... Clubs always have some use to someone.

With so many new great looking high tech club offerings coming out seems like daily. Where do old clubs go to die.
My basement. Any contributions welcome. They will all be treated well.

Apparently to my local shop, who just posted this today 😳🤯

Callaway Pre-Owned is where mine go... after that? No clue

Callaway Pre-Owned is where mine go... after that? No clue

I often wondered where CPO gets their clubs. Are they always from people trading in? If you spent 300 on a driver, what will they give you for that club?

Back