• Big Box Store

Votes: 8 14.0%

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • In the Woods

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I probably have enough balls to last another year, but sometimes I give them away and buy some more. I buy them from GG when they have those super deals and if I find a great deal somewhere else.

lostgolfballs.com for most of my ball purchases.

Mostly ebay for me.

DTC for my Cut and online direct from Srixon for my Q-Stars Tours.

Online.

Cant remember the last time I went to a store to buy golf balls.

Everywhere but the pro shop. I see various brands in Walmart for $5 a dozen in the clearance section. Lostgolfballs.com when I want something specific. Dick’s also has a good selection on the sales/clearance section too. I don’t buy them if they’re not on sale.

lostgolfballs.com has some of the best deals on 5A used balls. The balls they sell in that condition are just about perfect.

Online with veteran's discount when on sale.

I find it funny that no one has admitted the play what they find in the woods. I know quite a few guys who have never bought a ball in their life.
I know a few of them also. They like playing with me, I give them all the balls I find (except my own, lol!). Amazing how many lost ProVs you find on the course.

I know a few of them also. They like playing with me, I give them all the balls I find (except my own, lol!). Amazing how many lost ProVs you find on the course.
I find that it depends on the course. <$50 and it's all Callaway Diablo and Top Flite. >$50 and then you're looking at Titleists and TP5s

We have a great golf shop here in Seattle, Puetz golf. I buy all my golf things from them. The Seattle store has a driving range so its really good for hitting new clubs.

There's a guy I work with who golfs purely for the enjoyment of walking his course and looking for balls. He plays a fairly high end course here, and has thousands of balls in his garage. Occasionally when his wife puts her foot down he'll give a ton away generally to youth groups or the like, but he always saves the Pro Vs for me and pretty much gives me as many as I can use. Means a never ending supply, but also means a real mixed bag in terms of quality and model. Am going to try buying a few sleeves of different ones this year just to get a benchmark. Mind you, I don't think I'm good enough to really notice a huuuge difference.

Usually at DSG. I won't buy much of anything in the Pro shop. Waaaay over priced.

Golfdiscount had the best price on my preferred Srixon last month so I bout 10 dozen. I buy when I can get a great deal on what I like. I think Im good for a few rounds.

I find it funny that no one has admitted the play what they find in the woods. I know quite a few guys who have never bought a ball in their life.
Oh I ain't afraid to admit to this. But I usually only play them after I have lost the fresh sleeve I opened. When I buy new boxes it's usually on line unless I find a spoken deal on some in a store I'm at.

Years ago when I was still playing whatever balls made their way into my bag, there was a guy who lived near the golf course who sold used balls by the dozen in egg cartons for $5/dozen. You just got a mix of whatever he threw in there, but we were all 100+ hackers who lost balls as quickly as we bought them, so we kept him in business.

Back