Where Do You Guys Spend Your Money The Most?

I love buying fashion accessories, wearables and travel laptop bags because as an extrovert I need to meet many people and have to attend many parties and meetings. So, to cope up with my social circle I need some good clothes, watches, wallets, pouches, shoes and other accessories.

So where do you guys spend your money?

As many have mentioned, it's golf and then food & drink. My house is paid for. My vehicle is as well. As far as the things you mention, it sounds like you are letting other people run your life! Letting them make your choices for you. And your text was very hard to read in "night golf".

Last edited:
Golf for sure, playing but more so buying equipment.

Now that we’re done with travel sports with the kids it would be home renovation and golf.

The biggest percentage of our monthly budget goes to insurance, Homeowners, Auto, Life and Health.

(After essentials)

Travel and Golf and usually the clubs are going with me.

Wine is trending down to nothing since I am a social drinker, am not dating and Covid means I don't go over friend's homes with a bottle.

Coffee is my other hobby but after repairing my machine and getting a grinder, the expense will be coffee beans.

I like decent clothes like Vince, James Perse, Theory, and goodmanbrand but only buy them on drastic reduction sales.

Not including essentials, I spend the most on golf and dining.

Food.

I eat a ton, don't eat crap, and don't have the time and energy to cook all of it, so it costs a small fortune to feed me.

Golf is now our #1 expenditure as both my wife and I play and both members at semi-private clubs. Add on equipment, clothes, shoes, food & drink and it all adds up over the year. As well, she plays as much as me approx 3-4 times/week. Before COVID we used to vacation with our clubs so another golf expense 😜.

after bills, etc, likely food/entertainment. And exercise stuff, fees.

Food and dining out, entertainment.

Mortgage. Two cars. Golf cart. Food. Utilities. Savings. Membership dues.

Other than housing, education for our 3 kids who are all in private high school and college. Luckily I’ll have two college graduates 8 months from now. :)

Since the pandemic in March 2020, I've been on a spending spree, thanks to a nice return from my investments of Apple, Tesla, Amazon and Facebook. A sample:

1- Brand new set of Taylormade P790, Taylor driver, brand new put, brand new titleist bag,
2- a used Trackman,
3- lot of golf lessons,
4- lot of golf and driving ranges,
5- got a new Tesla Model X,
6- purchase lot Lacoste, Burberry, and Uniqlo clothes,
7- spend a lot of money on taking out expensive food,
8- pay golf lessons for my nephew,
9- just purchased a new Toyota RAV-4 for my nephew so that he can drive by himself to the golf course after school,
10- donate 25K to charity,
11-

Since the pandemic in March 2020, I've been on a spending spree, thanks to a nice return from my investments of Apple, Tesla, Amazon and Facebook. A sample:

1- Brand new set of Taylormade P790, Taylor driver, brand new put, brand new titleist bag,
2- a used Trackman,
3- lot of golf lessons,
9- just purchased a new Toyota RAV-4 for my nephew so that he can drive by himself to the golf course after school,
11-
What’s #11?! 👀

My wife.................

(I know she's lurking)

😈

2- a used Trackman,
3- lot of golf lessons,
11-

BTW, I'm available for adoption!

But seriously, good investments can make you a ton! There's a talk show host in Cleveland who used to do purely sports talk, but has since branched out. His Brother played collegiate golf at Alabama, and was on Tour, and a pro at a Cleveland area country club. One of the club members who took lessons from him was a stockbroker/investment advisor. At one of his lessons he said that there was an IPO coming, and that he and his wife should make an appointment with him, so he could talk them through the process. But he advised him to scrape together every penny that he could beg, borrow, or steal to invest in this stock.

Well, they made that appointment, and decided to go ahead with it. They sunk every dime they had into that stock. What was it? Microsoft!

I love buying fashion accessories, wearables and travel laptop bags because as an extrovert I need to meet many people and have to attend many parties and meetings. So, to cope up with my social circle I need some good clothes, watches, wallets, pouches, shoes and other accessories.

So where do you guys spend your money?

Self confidence is key.

daycare lol

Golf is up there but lately it has been in some woodworking stuff and I just picked up a Glock today so it will probably add to my expenses.

Golf, bowling and soon to be my daughters wedding as we(wife) continue to offer to pay for more and more. :ROFLMAO:

I stocked up on nice leather shoes last year when I couldn't go anywhere.
Now that I have a nice set of golf clubs I've been buying golf clothes.
Just got a Goretex jacket and pants but my closet will be filled soon.

I'm in the process of remodeling the house but I've learned how to do stuff without spending a ton of money.
These days I already have the tools required from the last time I did home repair.

I moved into a new to me home a few months ago. I’ve been spending a lot on home improvements. Landscaping, furniture and lighting projects have done quite a bit of damage to the bank accounts.

Assume were not referring to housing, food, automobiles, and necessities etc.

Then for me it's probably golf. I play once a week (sometimes more) and probably buy more equipment than I should.

Clothing expense has been cut down significantly since covid as I mostly work from home.

Back