Where Do You Purchase?

Online from Budget Golf or CPO. In store at PGASS or Dicks if I have a coupon.

Clubs - direct from OEM after fitting or retail store
Balls - usually retail store

Clubs have been a mix, golfworks when I was cheap, then big box golf store then direct from manufacturer.

Balls have been all through my work rewards program except one dozen from big box golf store.

I have purchased clubs from 3balls, and amazon. I have found yellow TP5s on Amazon for $40 a box and then bough a bigger box of TP5s from the pro shop cuz they were 30% off.

Directly from the company, or for smaller items I guess big box store for the convenience of picking up items as I need them

some in-store (balls, etc)
some online (big stuff deals)
a lot from THPers

All of the above. I also buy some equipment green grass, when I have some tournament winnings (maybe that counts as “the store”).

Woods were purchased in a mixture of online and big box store.

Irons were purchased thru a small golf shop that has demo days

Wedges were purchased online

Putter was by THP event in 2019

Balls are almost always a big box store unless I am personalizing.

It depends on what I'm needing.

Before last year I would get my clubs following a fitting, either through the OEM directly, or whichever online retailer had the best deals going at the time.

Balls tends to be online, I'm back playing the Vice Pro Plus balls and they're DTC so through their website is about the only place to find them.

Clubs are either online retailer, direct from manufacturer or ebay.

Balls have been online retailer, DTC, ebay or Amazon. But most recently, from major manufacturer.

My favorite golf shop closing in NY years ago seems to have broken my habit of in-store purchases. That, along with selling our condo in Myrtle Beach in 2013. Man, I used to LOVE Martin's.

I buy all my golf things from Puetz golf here in Seattle. Love supporting a brick and mortar store. Great for buying clubs too, they have an outdoor driving range and a putting green out back.

as of late the pro shop where I am a member. We get clubs at cost plus tax and shipping and all merchandise deeply discounted

I always get fit for my clubs, so I buy from a large golf retail store. I usually buy my balls online.

Usually online. I have bought a few clubs at local stores but it's the exception.

It is kind of a mix for me. Most of my clubs came from a clubfitter Cool Clubs. My driver was bought direct from Callaway last year during the Covid lockdown. I have a couple of clubs from the PGATSS that were more impulse buys a fairway wood and a wedge. Golf balls I tend to get a lot as gifts so I don't buy too many but I would say when I have to buy it is a combination of PGATSS and my pro shop.

I will also sprinkle in some eBay/Marketplace purchases when there are things I am interested in that I can't find or I want a low risk way to try stuff out and can resell without too big a loss if it doesn't work out.

New clubs- I’ll get fitted in a proper shop and buy there
used clubs- eBay etc
gloves- costco
balls- wherever
bags- craigslist, usually great shape 1/2-2/3rds off retail
shoes- at my club end of year sale
clothes- Ross stores

I used to go to GG to get the smaller items and poke around their used section to look for a deal.
However they recently renovated all their bays and now you can’t even try out a club without paying for a fitting
Last time I’m going there
Dicks is closer for the small items, and 2nd swing is an hour drive.
This will cut down on my tinkering and prob save me $$

Proshop or Fitter mostly.
Not a fan of big box hell Golftown and try to support local business.

Balls - mostly online.
Irons - online and in store
Driver - in store
Woods - in store and online
Putter - in store

Balls - In Store and On line
Irons - Mostly order through local shop, sometimes take advantage of good deals online
Woods / Hybrids - Mostly order through local shop
Putter - varies

I try to buy through my local store because without them I would not have a chance to demo gear conveniently and at no charge. Having the ability to try first is worth a premium over the cheapest possible price found online.

I prefer to support mom and pop stores when possible. Bought my last set of irons from mom and pop shop in Alabama during the COVID shutdown. He built my Forge Tec clubs to my spec with my choice of shaft at a really good price. Did such a good job on them I also ordered a set of SM8 wedges with same shaft as my irons. He saved me a ton of money on them compared to the same set my buddy ordered from vokey. Buy some stuff out of a shop in St. Louis also. Last driver was purchased thru for sale section here on forum. Balls from budget golf normally will buy a few from other retailers. Gloves do come from big box store. GG has a warranty deal on equipment gloves included. Think it cost 3.99 on original purchase as gloves wear out I take them back and for 3.99 I grab a new glove. Beats paying 20 plus each time.

Clubs - custom fitters
Balls - second hand from e-bay or amazon

Back