Where Do You Purchase?

Like many others, I purchase the majority of clubs through the OEM's after an independent fitting. Sometimes I purchase direct through Cool Clubs, but I appreciate the trade-in benefits of the OEMs. Balls come direct from the manufacturer. In the cold weather, I'll often play a softer ball which I will purchase from a big box store (usually PGA Tour Superstore or Dick's).

Both. Titleist & Snell balls direct & balls at Richard's when I have some free cash to spend (y)

Usually club purchases are trade in's directly with the company. Individual clubs, usually from THPer's;)
Golf balls purchased when good deals are available.

CPO, Budget Golf, and local golf store for clubs.
Balls I get from big box stores.

It's usually either Budget Golf or my local Nevada Bobs in Madison.

If Amazon runs a good deal on golf balls, I may grab a few from them, but it's rare.

Depends. But mostly from a local store.

Balls I have usually bought from Budget Golf, but occasionally direct from the OEM. Clubs either direct from the company with a trade in or from the fitter I got fit into them. But I have bought a few things from my courses pro, he has given me really good deals and has taken care of me in a lot of things over the years so need to give him first shot if at all possible.

Quick question to THPers. Where do you purchase your clubs and balls?
Direct from company? Local store (even if its big box)? Or from online retailer?
Balls I usually go to the store unless there's a online sale.
Clubs I am much more likely to go direct due to never ordering stock clubs again!

I don't buy too many clubs but they have been from the local golf store, THP Marketplace, or the best kind and won here on THP! For balls and gloves it's either form the local golf store or from the proshop which is usually because of having credit.

First choice is my local golf center after a fiitting/demo there. If they don't have it/can't get it, then it's usually online somewhere.

Clubs through my fitter, balls typically online.

Purchased my Tour Edge driver at an off course facility here in KC. Reminded me of Tin Cups driving range........

Quick question to THPers. Where do you purchase your clubs and balls?
Direct from company? Local store (even if its big box)? Or from online retailer?

If I’m trading stuff in I drive an hour or so down to the local golf shop (Joe and Leigh’s). If not I’m an eBay guy

I'll take advantage of sales at various online retailers. Typically, I'll order directly from the manufacturer, if possible. Easier to get custom options going that route.

I have been buying mostly Puma and Cobra from their website. Balls and other things I try to get from Budget Golf unless they are out of stock or needed fast and then I stop by the local shop.

Modern Golf Vancouver for clubs. Jeff is awesome.

For balls, I go to GolfTown in Langley when Srixon does their BOGO sale.

Typically with online retailers. Golf Balls I usually wait for the buy 3 get 1 free deals. Clubs are usually online stores or CPO. The stuff I get in store is usually smaller stuff, picking up a grip or two, tees, gloves, etc.

Mixed bag.
I use Budget quite a lot for balls, but if I'm in a store and see a deal I will grab some.
Clubs I like to hit in a store or demo day and then it's just a matter of where I can find the best deal or if I need to customize it. So anywhere from direct, in-store or online.

I buy balls from our pro shop. They have Titleist and my son works there and I live on the course so makes sense to support them.

Clubs I buy everywhere. Online, eBay, in store, direct, etc.

I generally purchase golf balls online. If I'm in a retail shop to buy something, I will try to support them by picking up gloves, or a dozen balls or something. I'd prefer for the local shops to not go away, but the online purchase is very quick and easy to do.

For equipment, that is almost all purchased from OEMs, as I tend to customize my club selection (like all good THPers!)

I haven't bought much lately... No clubs in over 2 years. Some stuff from Budget (hats, shirts, shoes, gloves, balls, tees). Last couple clubs were from Callaway PreOwned. Always looking there but inventory has been light. Some balls from Amazon and Dicks, but that was over a year ago... wife & I just don't lose that many anymore... thru 5 or 6 rounds this year I've not played a ball that I paid for. Everything has been found balls, Bridgestone, Titleist, Callaways & TaylorMade... I'll pass on pink & orange or Wilsons & Srixons to my wife. She likes a pretty low compression ball.

When I worked at Dick’s, I bought a lot of stuff there (mostly apparel, but not shoes)...
Clubs- Directly from the OEM (Trade in/ Trade up is a great program from Callaway).
Balls- Either OEM or Budget Golf.
Shoes & Other items (Bags, Rangefinders, etc.)- Budget Golf.

I mostly buy used so the marketplace here or FB marketplace for clubs

Balls I usually get where ever has them cheapest, I have noticed a lot of times Academy has solid deals when they have coupons like the 20 off 75.

Balls? Ill purchase a yearly supply typically direct from the manufacturer and have them personalized every year. The only other time I buy balls is if i need some on the fly. In which case ill gladly buy them at the course as opposed to any big box stores......ever.

Clubs? It all depends. If i got fit, ill try and either order them from the fitting location or I'll order them direct from the manufacturer as a special order based on my fitting specs. If i didnt get fit, its likely ill buy them either online, from a small privately owned store or golf club. I am avoiding the big box stores like the plague that they are. Ill gladly spend a few bucks more to help out those little mom and pops as long as they do a great job of getting me what i want.

Back