Where do you stop your cart when driving up to your ball?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I tend to pull right up along side on the right of my ball, how about you? Park behind it, other side? Whats your reasoning?

I will usually try and pull up the right of the ball if I can. That way anyone in the cart with me isn't sitting behind me. That always seems to bother me, having people behind me.

Off to the right of the ball, usually a little behind it still. Anything to keep from accidentally spraying grass and sand into my cart with the stray divot.

• Admin
I'm usually like 2-3 feet :oops:
I'm sitting at my house claiming 5 feet.

It's probably closer sometimes lmao - Especially if it's my ball. I like to give my cart mate plenty of room.

Beside it a couple feet away. If we are in the same vicinity then I will park between the 2 balls.

Pull up to the right by I would guess 5 feet.

Right side of the ball, like every sane person that isn't my wife. **** she drives me nuts when she drives.

i'm right handed, so i stop just back and to the right, just not comfortable with something behind me

I tend to pull right up along side on the right of my ball, how about you? Park behind it, other side? Whats your reasoning?

Same here. Just to the right of where the ball is resting.

I usually pull to the right side of my ball (unless I'm near a hazard, then its the left)!

Generally stop about 3-5 feet from the ball; just want to make sure I have enough space for an unobstructed swing.

To the right side of the ball where you can't see the cart when I am hitting my shot.

Always to the right of the ball unless there is a reason not to such as getting out of the way of someone hitting, obstacle, finding shade during summer. If I have to park behind or left of the ball then I leave plenty of room. I can have the cart right by my clubhead in front of me and it doesn't bother me, but a cart behind the ball or behind me bothers the heck out of me. Even if I know I won't hit it with my club it still bugs me.

I will park the front wheel about 3 feet away from my ball. I don't really think about it. Just kinda happens.

Usually to the right of my ball. And usually too close to the ball.

right hand side of the ball, sit down and shoot the pin with laser.

The cart shadow does not bother me, how about you guys?

Never thought about it, so I guess wherever, don't have a preference, anywhere but directly in front works.

Like everyone else, a few feet to the right of my ball.

right hand side of the ball, sit down and shoot the pin with laser.

The cart shadow does not bother me, how about you guys?
Depends but usually I try not to cast a shadow with the cart

off to the left, about 3 ft from it...

I will usually try and pull up the right of the ball if I can. That way anyone in the cart with me isn't sitting behind me. That always seems to bother me, having people behind me.
I'm the complete opposite of that. I prefer the cart behind me so I don't see it anywhere during my swing. Or if it's to the right of me, it's far enough away I don't see it in my peripheral vision. :rolleyes: yeah I know I'm weird :eek:

Back