Where do you stop your cart when driving up to your ball?

I just pull up somewhere in the general vicinity that will allow enough room for a swing. My most frequent playing partner, however, almost always pulls right up on my ball and ends up having to back the cart up so I can swing. I have no idea why he likes to get so close.

I prefer having the cart in front of me, meaning as i'm addressing the ball i'm facing my cart. I don't like it behind me as i'm always worried about it in my backswing.

To my right and slightly behind. I don't like anything behind me when hitting.

Interesting 'to the right of the ball' is nearly the universal answer. I would think if a cart 'behind you' bothers you, having one directly in front of you as you face the ball (at least for the majority of we right handers) would be equally distracting. I usually park to the left of the ball, although I'll confess when I'm well-focused, it doesn't bother me either way.

Usually 4-5 steps away, on whichever side is further from my target line. So when I miss the fairway on the left, I park to the left of the ball. When I miss right, I park to the right. If I'm in the fairway, I'm usually so busy looking for the incoming meteor that I don't pay much attention to where I'm parking.

As a lefty, I usually park to the left of the ball a few feet. That way I'm walking toward my cart when I finish my swing instead of turning back around.

A few feet behind & on the the left side of the ball. Why left ? My buddy parked on the right side, adjacent to the ball.

As a righty, on one of my practice swing, I nipped the ball on the side.....bam....smacked right into my buddies face. I will never forget the sound of a ball hitting his face.....terrible. He was okay though after a few holes. I played one of the worst set of holes after that.

Back