Where do you stop your cart when driving up to your ball?

Being right handed I end up to the right of the ball. Probably 2-3 ft away.

I tend to pull right up along side on the right of my ball, how about you? Park behind it, other side? Whats your reasoning?

I’m the same...back when we shared carts and I had a lefty, it caused issues lol.

yep to the right side of it. Pretty close to the ball if it's mine.

Usually right side but wherever

I'll usually stop behind it, only because I prefer to not have the car in my peripheral vision.

I’m the same...back when we shared carts and I had a lefty, it caused issues lol.

haha have had a few leftys get paired up with me recently and I pulled up to the right side of them like 3/4 times during the rounds just off of habit. They were nice about it and just asked me to please move the cart so they could either get to the ball or because they didn't like it behind them.

I'll usually stop behind it, only because I prefer to not have the car in my peripheral vision.

but if it's behind the ball, isn't it now in your periphs :)

haha have had a few leftys get paired up with me recently and I pulled up to the right side of them like 3/4 times during the rounds just off of habit. They were nice about it and just asked me to please move the cart so they could either get to the ball or because they didn't like it behind them.

Oh yeah, all were nice about it. It’s usually one of my normal playing partners it happens to and he gives me crap about it lol.

but if it's behind the ball, isn't it now in your periphs :)

well maybe peripheral is the wrong term...whatever it is when it's next to the ball bugs me.

I pull up on the right side of my ball. When driving and playing with someone else, I pull up on the left side of their ball so their clubs are on same side.

well maybe peripheral is the wrong term...whatever it is when it's next to the ball bugs me.
Is it bad that I automatically put '@mikeg_74 doesn't like the cart up even with the ball' in my mental gamesmanship file, just in case? :LOL:

While I've got the file open though..., anyone else want to offer a way to get in their head?! I need about 27 more things to balance the page next to Dan's. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Right side of the ball, typically 3 - 5 feet away. If I'm playing with my son, I'll have to park on the left side of the ball since he stands on the wrong side :devilish:

Never really thought about it. However, looking/thinking back, I tend to park in back of the ball. I will drive, or walk up to my ball, in a straight line through the ball, to my next landing area. I'm always looking at what's in front of me. So, I'm guessing I park in back of the ball most of the time.

Now if it's a cart path only day, I park near my ball, where ever I can. Also, on "cpo days" I tend to adjust my game to play nearer to the cart path when ever possible. Saves a lot of extra walking.

to the right but slightly behind. Quick access to clubs if I need to change, cart buddy can watch my ball for 2nd set of eyes etc. I like to have some space tho, I don't get how some guys park like a foot away or just a couple back

just givin ya a hard time.

I typically don't care where the cart or people are in general, but after thinking about it, I don't care for it behind me as in to the left of the ball... unless it's like way way away to another ball or splitting my playing partner and I. It's like that feeling you get when someone is kind of sneaking up on you and you just can sense it's there.

to the left of the ball, try to get even with the seat so i can laser while still in the cart (not that a few yards either way will make a huge difference...)

For some reason I typically pull up to the right of the ball...unless I am near a water hazard.

Oh, and if you're one of the people that doesn't park up next to the ball, I won't allow you to put the cart in the blind spot behind me off my right shoulder. I don't care who you are, or how many times you have to move it. Once you've taken a 9-iron to the forehead, you're not eager to ever see that situation again in your life.

I tend to pull right up along side on the right of my ball, how about you? Park behind it, other side? Whats your reasoning?

sames. when possible. Step out, check distances with GPS, step to grab club.

As a right hander I park to the right of the ball and almost just past it so I can laser the distance, grab the club, then hit.

Being right handed always to the right and typically between 1-5' save all the steps I possibly can ;)

Slightly behind me and to my left (left handed). Sometimes I park right next to it since seeing it doesn't bother me at all, but most of the time I try to keep my peripherals clear.

directly to the right of the ball, usually 4-5ft away, ideally parked so I can use get my yardage before I step out of the cart to grab a club if it is my ball, or tell the yardage to my co rider (back when that was a thing) before he gets to his bag on the back of the cart.

I pull up close on the right side. Too close per my buddy but for some reason it's a comfortable feeling to have the cart right next to me.

Back