Where do you stop your cart when driving up to your ball?

right hand side of the ball, sit down and shoot the pin with laser.

The cart shadow does not bother me, how about you guys?
Shadows don't bother me.

I pull up on the left side of the ball, usually with the ball about mid-length of the cart and about 3 feet away. If my cart partner and I are similar distances I will try and split the difference between the balls when I park, as long as the cart doesn't factor into the line either of us might take.

While I've got the file open though..., anyone else want to offer a way to get in their head?! I need about 27 more things to balance the page next to Dan's. :ROFLMAO:
Breeze past the ball with the wheel fractions of an inch away before circling back to park. The resulting wheel impression might be enough to get in someone's head :unsure:

Always to the right of the ball when facing the target. Distance varies.

If its just on a normal fairway or rough....then im like you JDTOX.....right next to my ball. Maybe 3' away.

I don’t think I have enough power cart time to definitively say... I walk 99% of my rounds. Only time I’m in a cart is on holiday or golf trips where I can’t bring my push cart.

And even then, I’d rather not drive.

Left of the ball at least 5' away, I don't like anything in my sight line, and sTanks DO happen.... sometimes....

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Back and to the right if you are facing towards the target. I want it out of view.

Don't give it much thought. Probably to the right. One caveat......Always behind me when I happen to find myself on a serious side hill lie owing to a frequent errant tee shot, lest the cart flip over on top of me! Even then, I re-enter the cart with some trepidation for my stupidity and carelessness.

Always to the right of the ball unless there is a reason not to such as getting out of the way of someone hitting, obstacle, finding shade during summer. If I have to park behind or left of the ball then I leave plenty of room. I can have the cart right by my clubhead in front of me and it doesn't bother me, but a cart behind the ball or behind me bothers the heck out of me. Even if I know I won't hit it with my club it still bugs me.
Exactly the same for me

If we are in the same vicinity then I will park between the 2 balls.

If alone (a lot these days) to the left, 8-10 feet away. I don't want to see it when I'm swinging.

To the right, 3-5 feet away, with position adjusted to avoid shadow on the ball. Park, shoot yardage, grab club, go.

Right side and a little behind usually. I usually walk and carry and put my bag to the right side as well. Just makes sense to me and feels most out of the way since I'm right handed.

even with my ball... on the left hand side... cuz I'm a lefty so...:ROFLMAO:

I'm with the majority on this one. Pull up to the right of the ball and usually even with it.

The cart shadow does not bother me, how about you guys?
Depends but usually I try not to cast a shadow with the cart
I am always aware of any shadow and will keep the cart from casting a shadow on the ball since that is technically a rules violation.
10.2b(5)/1 – Player May Ask Another Person Who Was Not Deliberately Positioned to Move or Remain in Place
Although a player may not place an object or position a person for the purpose of blocking the sunlight from the ball
, the player may ask a person (such as a spectator) not to move when that spectator is already in position, so that a shadow remains over the ball, or may ask that spectator to move, so that his or her shadow is no longer over the ball.

I tend to pull right up along side on the right of my ball, how about you? Park behind it, other side? Whats your reasoning?
Directly to the right.

I'm with the majority on this one. Pull up to the right of the ball and usually even with it.

I am always aware of any shadow and will keep the cart from casting a shadow on the ball since that is technically a rules violation.
10.2b(5)/1 – Player May Ask Another Person Who Was Not Deliberately Positioned to Move or Remain in Place
Although a player may not place an object or position a person for the purpose of blocking the sunlight from the ball
, the player may ask a person (such as a spectator) not to move when that spectator is already in position, so that a shadow remains over the ball, or may ask that spectator to move, so that his or her shadow is no longer over the ball.

Only if the cart is parked there for the purpose of casting a shadow. If it's just a coincidence, then there's no penalty.

So nobody parks the cart at 90 degrees in their line of play just to make things interesting every now and then?

This time of year? The closest shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if the cart is parked there for the purpose of casting a shadow. If it's just a coincidence, then there's no penalty.
I'm not really a stickler for intent, but if you park the cart and KNOW that it is casting a shadow on the ball then the cart has been placed incorrectly according to the rules. Whether that was the ONLY reason for parking the cart there is not the issue. Coincidence would be that an object is already casting a shadow when your ball comes to rest or while you are preparing for your stroke someone else creates a shadow without being asked to do so. If you as a player place the cart in a position to cast the shadow that's a no no as it is deliberate.

I'm not really a stickler for intent, but if you park the cart and KNOW that it is casting a shadow on the ball then the cart has been placed incorrectly according to the rules. Whether that was the ONLY reason for parking the cart there is not the issue. Coincidence would be that an object is already casting a shadow when your ball comes to rest or while you are preparing for your stroke someone else creates a shadow without being asked to do so. If you as a player place the cart in a position to cast the shadow that's a no no as it is deliberate.
Well it's never been deliberate in my case but will take that info to the bank. I mostly meant I don't care if the shadow was casting behind or in front or on the side. Just meant the general shadow of cart doesn't bother my game. I will make sure the shadow does not "touch" the ball.

Not really. If you park that way every time and as the round goes on, the sun "moves" in the sky and the shadow starts to fall in the ball later in the round, then the intent isn't there. Similarly, if you routinely park in that position all the time and the first shot of the round, you end up casting a shadow on the ball, then the intent wasn't there. If your playing partner asks you to park a little closer to shade the ball, then the intent is there.

Well it's never been deliberate in my case but will take that info to the bank. I mostly meant I don't care if the shadow was casting behind or in front or on the side. Just meant the general shadow of cart doesn't bother my game. I will make sure the shadow does not "touch" the ball.
Shouldn't be a big deal the way the rule is written.

Left side, right side, behind doesn’t matter. Wherever it doesn’t throw a partial shadow over the ball/ my stance

About 10 foot behind my shot.

I have a hooligan buddy in the golf association that parks the cart exactly in line with the flag to use it as a alignment aid. He thinks he's getting away with it. A total golf idiot that we all tolerate, and still somehow love.

Back