Where do you want to be...?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
You’re in a Capt choice tournament - and you are playing with guys who play virtually the same quality of golf as you do. Assuming you keep the same order of play all day.... what place in the line-up do you want to play....???

I'll go first. Less chance of slow play out front

First for me also.

Send me out there in the first group.

I know a lot of players like to see someone putt first, before they putt, but I don’t mind going first. I’m generally good at seeing the line.

I usually like to have at least one other guy/gal hit first. Usually the group I'm with will tell me to hold out to the last spot, but sometime I don't want the added pressure so if I have a good feel for the shot I'll hit early in the rotation and maybe save someone else from having to try

Have played these events often......Typically Drive I hit first....straighter not longer. Irons usually 2nd or 3rd and putter usually last.

You’re in a Capt choice tournament - and you are playing with guys who play virtually the same quality of golf as you do. Assuming you keep the same order of play all day.... what place in the line-up do you want to play....???
As a captain, I want to give my team the first cracks at the shot and (hopefully) I can clean up when needed. I'll bat cleanup.

I'll gladly step up and go first if the other guys tend to drag their feet. If they're all fast players and don't screw around, it doesn't matter to me where I go in the lineup.

I think I’m reading this as a scramble and what position to hit from? Last all day. No one I play with regularly CAN* get it out anywhere near me

*assuming I can hit anywhere near the center, 😂 My kid is the only one close and he doesn’t BDC at the ball as much as he could. Likes to hit FW’s. Wimp

So I like seeing one safe and then wait for the green to clear as I’m launching if its in range. I do have a distance 7i I carry for those “oh crap, no one is in play” situations that I generally can get out there a good ways and straight so I can be the safe guy if we’ve got nothing.

I don’t usually play safe so having someone in play encourages me to take dead aim at everything. It also makes me slow my role if I need to make a safer shot. I rarely do that individually but as part of a team, I’ll do it to take bogey off the table.

I also am a fantastic putter. I make a ton of putts. In scrambles when I know the line. I am a horrible green reader. Terrible. I’ll argue all the time how it was possible for it to break uphill?? (Lol). But show me the line and I’m deadly, lol. My little guy always wants to go first at putt putt. I know it’s not golf but sure, show me the way sensei, 🤣.

My same skill? First or second on every shot. Better than me? Second on everything but I’ll putt first.

I’ll lead the way. Zero pressure on tee shots, I’m comfortable hitting a safe shot into the green, and I’ve become a decent lag putter but I don’t make many one putts.

Same skill level and same hitting and putting order I tend to like the straight ball player or most laid back first, shotmakers/shapers in the middle, and the steadiest last. I don't really care where I am and it's usually a cooperative decision. I like to go after the bomber in the group in that situation. If they're 2nd, 3rd or 4th. If they're 3rd, I'll gladly go last, but first works sometimes if there's another real good putter in the group.

I like going first,

I’m pretty flexible but lean towards middle to first out.

No real preference for me, but I don't mind going first at all. I like to get it over with and see whether it is disaster or success :ROFLMAO:

If this is a scramble I will go whenever. Doesn't matter to me. I am pretty short off the tee and I make up for that by being erratic so being the last one off the tee doesn't make much sense for me. On the other hand I don't mind pressure on approach and I can make a lot of putts if I have seen the line so being last in those spots works out a lot of times for me..

Back