Where is your THP Mecca?

The Hideaway seems like the promised land. But, of the places I’ve been and can truly judge, it’s Hammock Beach. I love the Conservatory course.

Yea, the MECCA for THPers is the Hideaway.

But, The Coeur D'Alene is probably running up there for many.

The Hideaway is SPECIAL. But True Blue and Caledonia are LEGENDARY.

Hideaway is the obvious choice, but it is more like a dream to me that doesn’t seem real.

Coeur d’ Alene definitely has a special place in my heart and mind. I met so many people there that I now consider friends and loved the course and town. It was so different from Arizona that it really sticks out in my mind.View attachment 9019594
Awesome photo Sean!

Couer d’Alene cemented my love for this place. I got to play with bunch of awesome people and hang out with a bunch more. It is a gorgeous place to be!

A93EA124-F6E3-4D4A-B707-0CA6FBC7C847.jpeg

Other than somewhere private which would be a longshot (Cypress anyone?) Maybe a logistically challenging but beautiful resort like Bandon and Cabot.
International series! Rotate between Ireland, Scotland, UK, the Caribbean, maybe Canada and Mexico?

Cog Hill. To visit the site of the first THP event (of two that I have missed out on) I was chosen for, that I couldn't attend.

Life gets in the way sometimes. Sadly, its happened twice.

The already named courses... one day I may try to play True Blue and or Caledonia.

True Blue/ Caledonia
Hammock Bay
The Hideaway
Couer d'Alene

I don't have a bucket list, I don't do that sort of thing but... for me I want to see and play Streamsong.

Cog Hill. To visit the site of the first THP event (of two that I have missed out on) I was chosen for, that I couldn't attend.

We experienced Cog Hill this past weekend and it was awesome. 2 and 4 are great tracks.

Hideaway followed by True Blue / Caledonia. Never have been to any of the three but have enjoyed following many, many THP Experiences on them.

I would do dirty dirty things to be able to play at The Hideaway.

True Blue and Caledonia has to be the one I want to go to most beyond that. The history of THP events there is something special.

Each event I have been in has been amazing in it's own way. I have loved every one of them, even though I wish I could have had a redo on my first one. I would absolutely love to go back to any of the courses.

Hideaway for sure

I can understand and appreciate your feelings about being chosen for an Experience and not being able to attend. I have been only selected once and I was unable to attend. I hope someday that we both get to experience a THP Experience.

I certainly agree The Hideaway is the Mecca of places which have hosted a THP event in terms of facilities and exclusiveness. However, the thing that prevents me from selecting it is the fact that every THP'er is just a guest on its grounds. TB&C are public courses. Any of us can revisit anytime we choose. For that reason, I think I'll have to pick TB&C.

It is really hard not to pick the Hideaway it is so perfect. I also love hammock beach and the conservatory just amazing places.

Hideaway is not only on my bucket list but its easily the No.1 spot for THP events.

Hammock Beach has to be a close second though due to the amount of events there and how many life long friendships that have been made at those events

my MECCA..... be apart of a Grand Daddy Experience, but other than that probably TPC Sawgrass, TPC New Orleans, yeah Pebble, Augusta and St. Andrew's too.

After today, again, even louder for those in the back, TRUE BLUE AND CALEDONIA ARE THP ROYALTY!!!!

As a first time to an experience true blue/caladonia is the Mecca for me. So much fun.. there may be better courses and locations out there but this has been awesome.

I think this thread shows that THP ALWAYS hosts big events at the best of the best courses in the United States.

Hammock Beach, True Blue and Caledonia, TPC Las Vegas, Whistling Straits, Olympia Fields, Cog Hill, PGA National, The Hideaway, Couer D’alene.

im not a course snob by any means, but there are plenty of high level places THP could go but THP doesn’t settle for 9/10 quality, they go to the best available.

Hideaway and it's not even close.

Hideaway - obvious answer. But I think it’d really be any type of large THP event - It’d be awesome to see an event at the Old Course one day….

Back