Where to play in Cabo?

Titleistforlife

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
Spending a week in Cabo starting 3/22. Have a group golf outing at Club Campestre on 3/27. Where should I play prior to my group outing? Staying at the new Hard Rock and seriously considering Diamante Dunes...Looks like there are quite a few great options!

Hasn't anyone played in Cabo? There are some beautiful looking courses down there...

IF... You can get a tee time, the Cove Club Course at Cabo Del Sol. I got 8 holes in and was flooded out.

Quivira Golf Club is unbelievable too. Only seen it. Never played.

Don't mean to be a Richard but if your in Cabo and playing golf......nuff said! ;)

Don't mean to be a Richard but if your in Cabo and playing golf......nuff said! ;)

have you seen some of the courses there? I can’t play “golf” like that at home! :eek:

Quivira Golf Club is unbelievable too. Only seen it. Never played.
This is the best one down there, but reservations are tough to get and it is expensive. Maybe $300 each, but does include food carts and booze.

La Palmilla and Cabo Del Sol Ocean Course.. those two have to be played.

Last edited:
Quivera looks amazing, but heard it can be tough to get on. Will check La Palmilla and Cabo Del Sol as well. Thanks so far everyone...anyone else?

I think Cabo San Lucas is known for snorkeling, kayaking, sport fishing etc... more so than golf.

I think Cabo San Lucas is known for snorkeling, kayaking, sport fishing etc... more so than golf.

I think that is far from accurate. There are many courses from some of the most well known designers. Huge number of expats that love their golf.

To the OP, I played Cabo Real and Campestre a few years back. There’s a thread on here somewhere. I enjoyed both courses, perhaps Campestre a little more (despite it being super windy). I got paired with good people at each course and it was just a lot of fun.

If you can stomach an hour-long presentation, you can play Diamante for $99 (every grocery store or tour hawker has this deal, or PM me for a contact if I didn't throw away the guy's card). Club Campestre will test your short game for sure and it's a fun course!

You might try Puerto Los Cabos in San Jose too; they have tequila and taco stands every few holes and they're supposed to be awesome tacos! I'd ask the guys at Campestre if you could play Puerto Los Cabos or Cabo Real for a discount because they are all owned by the same group.

If you want to take a little excursion, you can book a cheap r/t bus to La Paz (2 hour drive) with EcoBajaTours.com and play El Corte (Costa Baja), Gary Player's course. You could even spend the night in La Paz (I'd recommend https://www.posadadelasflores.com/ hotel right on the Malecon and I'd Uber over to Sortsis for dinner: https://www.facebook.com/Sorstisrestaurante/?fref=ts). If you do that, and I'd HIGHLY recommend it, make a reservation with the course, hotel and dinner before you go - my friends there are telling me that tourists are really hitting La Paz a lot, especially the beaches (Balandra and Tecolote).

I'd also suggest doing the Art Walk in San Jose on Tuesday evening 3/24, and make reservations at La Lupita for the best tacos you'll ever find! Uber is everywhere down there and cheap.

Been a number of years, but when I was there, played Cabo del Sol, both the Ocean Course and the Desert course. Both were excellent. Also played El Dorado and it was great too.

My trip has been postponed until November. Thanks for the good intel. I will update this thread when I get back in November.

When you are ready to go check out the 3 or 5 round pass here:

I was going to do this and stay at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos before the virus ruined it.

I think I played Los Cabos Golf Resort. It was just okay.

Back