Where were you when your team won the ship?

As a warrior that loss to the cavs still haunts me.

We were at a friends house with about a dozen of us for the first Warriors win. A local bar for the next two all of which were awesome.

The SF Giants winning the world series in 2010 is still my best championship experience by a mile. We has a local 49er bar in San Diego that gets over 1000 people for the games and is insane. A couple hundred of us die hards were there when the Giants won it in 2010. Not as many people as for the 49er games but still a great crowd. The place went nuts. They had to kindly ask us to leave after they ran out of booze and the place was flooded from spraying so much beers and champagne. Truly an amazing experience I will never forget.

Two stand out.

I was en route to a marching band competition at Three Rivers Stadium during Game 7 of the 1971 World Series (Pirates v Orioles, in Baltimore.) It was on a Sunday. The bus driver piped the radio broadcast into the bus for the two hour ride, so we got to hear the end of the game. A 2-1 Pirate victory, Steve Blass defeating Mike Cuellar. At about 9:30 pm, all of the bands were on the field, awaiting the results, when the PA announcer said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have some special guests - the World Champion Pittsburgh Pirates!" They had just gotten back from Baltimore, and about ten of them came onto the field. I remember Manny Sanguillen sporting the biggest smile I have ever seen. Fun fact: the Tartan Turf surface at Three Rivers was basically an endless Scotchbrite pad.

I was in the stands in 1980 when Pittsburgh defeated the LA Lambs in Super Bowl XIV in the Rose Bowl for their fourth Lombardi. That Stallworth catch that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated? He was running toward our corner when he caught it. It was the most indescribable atmosphere I have ever experienced, and that was in an era when the halftime show was Up With People. My ticket was $30.

1982. Villa won the European Cup (now the Champions League). I was 9. Watching at home.
Too young to drink unfortunately.

I guess a little? I don’t remember much of the game, just pieces of it. All I remember is we were about to make the final out and I wanted to jump off the couch. Dad said no cause my mom and baby brother were asleep....so I resorted to
Jumping off a pillow to celebrate which was basically the floor lol. 😂

Ha! That's rich. So great you remember that.

Haha - I used to play in that thing every year (until I moved to STL last year)! I know they always had a hole-in-one prize for that contest too, but I was never convinced there was actually a hole out there...

Dude! Exactly... There definitely is no hole out there, but somehow I was closest to it...? I think that was the best shot I hit that year.. Or maybe in my life :LOL:

Syracuse Basketball: At the Superdome, watching the game. One of my all time favorite sports moments
Red Sox: My friend's basement with a group of close friends
Patriots: Lounge in my dorm

2014 Morgan Cup Team: The porch at True Blue

Nice resume. Especially the Morgan Cup! 🙌

Dude! Exactly... There definitely is no hole out there, but somehow I was closest to it...? I think that was the best shot I hit that year.. Or maybe in my life :LOL:
That's awesome...I think in past year's one of the prizes was a pretty ugly lazy boy chair or something. You got a good one!

That's awesome...I think in past year's one of the prizes was a pretty ugly lazy boy chair or something. You got a good one!

I was there that year! I did not want that thing lol. I remember them doing Akron RubberDucks Loge for 15 or something one year. They always have great auction off items especially their golf packages to local private clubs.

As a warrior that loss to the cavs still haunts me.

We were at a friends house with about a dozen of us for the first Warriors win. A local bar for the next two all of which were awesome.

The SF Giants winning the world series in 2010 is still my best championship experience by a mile. We has a local 49er bar in San Diego that gets over 1000 people for the games and is insane. A couple hundred of us die hards were there when the Giants won it in 2010. Not as many people as for the 49er games but still a great crowd. The place went nuts. They had to kindly ask us to leave after they ran out of booze and the place was flooded from spraying so much beers and champagne. Truly an amazing experience I will never forget.

That is a great experience, thanks for sharing.

And thank you for letting the Cavs have that one.. You don't even know what it meant to the city and the entire state! Hopefully that decreases the haunting..?

the 9ers last SB, we were in good ol' 29 Palms, CA...for the last SF Giants WS, Okinawa.

Two stand out.

I was en route to a marching band competition at Three Rivers Stadium during Game 7 of the 1971 World Series (Pirates v Orioles, in Baltimore.) It was on a Sunday. The bus driver piped the radio broadcast into the bus for the two hour ride, so we got to hear the end of the game. A 2-1 Pirate victory, Steve Blass defeating Mike Cuellar. At about 9:30 pm, all of the bands were on the field, awaiting the results, when the PA announcer said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have some special guests - the World Champion Pittsburgh Pirates!" They had just gotten back from Baltimore, and about ten of them came onto the field. I remember Manny Sanguillen sporting the biggest smile I have ever seen. Fun fact: the Tartan Turf surface at Three Rivers was basically an endless Scotchbrite pad.

I was in the stands in 1980 when Pittsburgh defeated the LA Lambs in Super Bowl XIV in the Rose Bowl for their fourth Lombardi. That Stallworth catch that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated? He was running toward our corner when he caught it. It was the most indescribable atmosphere I have ever experienced, and that was in an era when the halftime show was Up With People. My ticket was $30.

Wow, awesome memory and absolute perfect experiences Thanks for sharing.

When the Mets won the World Series in 1986, I was at home, staying up way past my bed time.

When the Sooners won the National Championship in 2001, I was in Newark NJ. My graduate student advisor was flirting with a faculty move from Oklahoma to the NJ School of Medicine, and we all tagged along to potentially see our new labs, inquire about housing, etc. I met with my parents (who still lived in NY at the time) early in the evening, and then watched the game at the hotel bar.

Other than that, I'm a Jets fan ... so :sick:

When the Mets won the World Series in 1986, I was at home, staying up way past my bed time.

When the Sooners won the National Championship in 2001, I was in Newark NJ. My graduate student advisor was flirting with a faculty move from Oklahoma to the NJ School of Medicine, and we all tagged along to potentially see our new labs, inquire about housing, etc. I met with my parents (who still lived in NY at the time) early in the evening, and then watched the game at the hotel bar.

Other than that, I'm a Jets fan ... so :sick:

Yikes with the Jets... It has been a while since they have done much. Darnold gonna pan out?

I have no room to talk with my Brownies....

Yikes with the Jets... It has been a while since they have done much. Darnold gonna pan out?

I have no room to talk with my Brownies....

I'm high on Darnold. It's Gase that has me worried.

Back