Where were you when your team won the ship?

No comment on the Astros, that's a sore subject. But the Titans! They had a great year last season, really surprised me. They demolished the Browns in the opener and really knocked Baker and the team off their high horse.

Yes the Titans are finally looking good again & hopefully will keep it up & sorry (not sorry) about the Astros.

I was a huge John Elway fan growing up and I just couldn't get behind the sorry @$$ Oilers living in Houston. When the Broncos won Super Bowl XXXII over the Packers I was in my college dorm room stunned by the final minutes of the game. Very mild celebration from just being exhausted after the game.

Ouch now that just hurt. I was an Oilers fan when I was a kid living in CO & followed them to Tennessee. I stopped liking the broncos when they got rid of Lyle Alzado & it kills my wife & daughter because they are both huge broncos fans.

On my girlfriend's couch in 2011 when the Packers last won a Super Bowl. Theres not much more special in sports than when the Lombardi Trophy goes back home to Green Bay, when it belongs.

Nice 🤙 Are you from Wisconsin originally? I have some family in Peshtigo.

I'm a Minnesota fan so my only major memories I can recall is where I was when I got disappointed.

Trust me, I know how you feel. Being all in on Cleveland has been quite difficult. Felt like the curse was lifted in 2016. Thank you LeBron.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Being from Boston we have been fortunate to have many recent championships. I watched most of them with my family at home. I remember watching the Bruins with the Stanley Cup with my kids then going to Dicks around midnight to buy championship hats and t shirts.

When the Pats came back against Atlanta in 2017 I was in the middle of a lengthy illness. I woke up around 4 am the day of the Super Bowl knowing I had an issue. Around 7 AM my wife woke up and we went to the ER. I got into a room after multiple tests including CT Scans and MRIs right at kickoff. I would have gone to bed at half time with the Pats down 28-3 but I knew around midnight they were going to wake me up to take my vitals so I stayed up and watched the second half. Everyone on the floor exploded when the Pats scored to go ahead.

1986 Chicago Bears: Parents were out of town so threw a party at my house. Kegger, food and a TV in every room even the bathroom so you wouldnt miss the action! For the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks my days off were cancelled so I was working but definetly listened on the radio. 2016 Cubs since they played Game 7 in Cleveland I was able to watch it on my couch with my son on his birthday so that made it even more special!

Did your parents ever find out you threw that banger of a watch party?

I was sitting on my neighbor's back patio the day the Cavs won it all. Such a fantastic ending to the game, series, and. Cleveland's championship drought.

Just waiting on the Indians to win one now...

The Tribe have been so so close, and so good over the last few years. We shall see 😬

In my house, with my wife and best friend w/ his wife watching Brady get sacked and fumbled. I started screaming and jumping up & down, woke up my kid.

Lol, totally worth waking up the kid over such a huge moment.

In Vegas on our annual SB buddies trip during Broncos SB50 win. Greatest night I've ever had in Vegas.

Both Avs Cup wins I was living in Chicago. The first I was in a neighborhood corner bar and they turned the tv off and closed before it was over! Last one I was at work and was the only guy in the breakroom watching.

Nice 🤙 Are you from Wisconsin originally? I have some family in Peshtigo.
Yup. I grew up about 10 miles north of Janesville and my parents live in the Minocqua area.

Can you believe a city the size of Houston went without any national championships until the Rockets won back-to-back NBA titles in '94 and '95???

Anyway, we were all glued to the TV in 1994. 1995 was special though as I had just moved to Phoenix and had joined a basketball group at Phoenix City Club. During the playoffs, the Phoenix Suns took a 3-0 lead on the Rockets and all the Phoenix guys were trash talking and rubbing it in. It was AWESOME when the Rockets took that Western semifinal series on the way to the '95 title!

Wow, I didn't realize they were down 3-0 in that conference championship. Were those the Hakeem days?

I was at home when Kentucky won the NCAA tournament in 1996, 1998, and 2012. I was also at home when they lost the Championship game in 1997 and 2014.

Saying they have had some great teams is an understatement o_O

I got lucky and was at the outdoor watch party...I think I hugged 1,000 people that night. You might have been one of them! I freaking love that sign...I may need to get one.

That's awesome, and haha I might have been one! I actually won the sign at The Chili Open at Hale Farms in a closest to the point contest. Of course it had to come from something golf related lol

That's awesome, and haha I might have been one! I actually won the sign at The Chili Open at Hale Farms in a closest to the point contest. Of course it had to come from something golf related lol
Haha - I used to play in that thing every year (until I moved to STL last year)! I know they always had a hole-in-one prize for that contest too, but I was never convinced there was actually a hole out there...

Red Sox in '04, I stayed up to watch it with my dad. Reason I'm a Sox fan is because of him, so that was really cool.

Was at home down glasses of whiskey when the Raptors won last year. Was a tough day at work the day after.

I'll be in a casket by time the Leafs win the Cup.

Well your 2/3, and that is pretty darn good. I don't follow hockey too much, have the Leafs been close?

Watching my Packers defeat the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV in 2011 at home was terrific.

Any time I see the Steelers go down, it is a good day :p

Well your 2/3, and that is pretty darn good. I don't follow hockey too much, have the Leafs been close?

In my lifetime? Not really. '93 and then '02 they were in the conference finals.

I remember the 90 Bills and .....never mind

Wow, I didn't realize they were down 3-0 in that conference championship. Were those the Hakeem days?
Oh yeah... The Dream Shake!

Back