Where would you go?? Cast your vote!

I really want to play Arcadia Bluffs. It looks amazing and the South Course there is a totally different type of links course. They both look exceptional.

A lot of votes pushing for Arcadia. And I understand why. That place looks like a whole other country... This will be a fun decision to make as long as covid-19 slows down this summer 🙏

No brainer
PINEHURST
9 courses, plus surrounding.
The Carolina hotel and dining room
The hospitality
The area
The ryder cup lounge just inside the entrance If the hotel.
the practice range

nothing like it!

I've never played any of them, but you probably can't go wrong with any of those choices.

Good luck with the trip.
I'll be happy just to tee it up at my own club if it ever opens up again.

Don’t think you could really go wrong with any... and I could argue for most to be top choice but at the end of the day, what’s important to you?
I’ve wanted to play Wolf Creek for a long time, but Pinehurst would also be amazing. Then seeing shots from Harbour Town last year and that piqued my interest too...

I’d go to Pinehurst, so many course options although I’d want to go fall when it cools down a bit.

I have played Arcadia Bluffs, all the courses at The Green Briar and Wolf Creek. I would not hesitate to play all of them again (in the order I placed them)

I was up in Traverse City a couple years ago and played The Bear at Grand Traverse Resort which was awesome. All the while never realizing Arcadia Bluffs even existed! It's only 6.5 hours from where I live in Ohio so can definitely be a nice long weekend getaway.

We bookended our annual Mt. Pleasant trip by playing both courses at Arcadia Bluffs (we got rained out on the back 9 of the South Course) and by playing both courses at GTR with a round at Manitou Passage thrown in for good measure. Arcadia Bluffs is a spectacular course; my only regret is not playing it twice. The round was a battle between taking in the beauty of the course and trying to score. If I was going to recommend an Arcadia trip to someone, and if you can afford it, stay at the course and try to play the Bluffs course twice, and the South course once. If you can't or don't want to pay the hefty lodging fees, find someplace else to stay and play three rounds.

That Bear course at GTR is tough! We had a few holes where you felt like you'd never hit a golf ball before. Definitely a course that I'd like another shot at.

No brainer
PINEHURST
9 courses, plus surrounding.
The Carolina hotel and dining room
The hospitality
The area
The ryder cup lounge just inside the entrance If the hotel.
the practice range

nothing like it!

Love the confidence here. 9 courses is pretty amazing, what more could I want.

I've never played any of them, but you probably can't go wrong with any of those choices.

Good luck with the trip.
I'll be happy just to tee it up at my own club if it ever opens up again.

Thanks @RetiredBoomer.

Where are you located? Courses been closed for a month?

Don’t think you could really go wrong with any... and I could argue for most to be top choice but at the end of the day, what’s important to you?
I’ve wanted to play Wolf Creek for a long time, but Pinehurst would also be amazing. Then seeing shots from Harbour Town last year and that piqued my interest too...

I think you are right, I won't go wrong with any of them. Just wanted to test the waters and see where THPers have been and base it off of those experiences.

The more I think about it, the more nice courses I can hit in one trip is important to me. So I lean towards Pinehurst a bit more than others right now.

I think you are right, I won't go wrong with any of them. Just wanted to test the waters and see where THPers have been and base it off of those experiences.

The more I think about it, the more nice courses I can hit in one trip is important to me. So I lean towards Pinehurst a bit more than others right now.
An epic trip with several amazing courses would be phenomenal! It’d be like the best part of a crescendo each day!

Ladies prefer men in Black.

Bethpage Black:drinks:

Great options on that list. I would go Kiawah Island.

I am assuming my invite is in the mail? k great thx.

Give me one choice from that list, I'm probably going with Harbour Town. Send me south.

....and then i realize Kiawah is on the list and I start to question EVERYTHING.

:ROFLMAO: Every time I review the list I question everything. Your invite might have got caught up in the Covid and heavy wind we have had in Ohio. I can re send ;)

Great options on that list. I would go Kiawah Island.

BIG price tag. But would be a one time deal. Was looking at photos on The Golf Digest Top 100 in America last night, I think it was at 24? Looks amazing.

Personally Pinehurst or The Greenbrier but only because both are easy driving distance for me.

I have played Arcadia Bluffs, all the courses at The Green Briar and Wolf Creek. I would not hesitate to play all of them again (in the order I placed them)

Heck yeah, awesome you have all of those checked off the list!

We bookended our annual Mt. Pleasant trip by playing both courses at Arcadia Bluffs (we got rained out on the back 9 of the South Course) and by playing both courses at GTR with a round at Manitou Passage thrown in for good measure. Arcadia Bluffs is a spectacular course; my only regret is not playing it twice. The round was a battle between taking in the beauty of the course and trying to score. If I was going to recommend an Arcadia trip to someone, and if you can afford it, stay at the course and try to play the Bluffs course twice, and the South course once. If you can't or don't want to pay the hefty lodging fees, find someplace else to stay and play three rounds.

That Bear course at GTR is tough! We had a few holes where you felt like you'd never hit a golf ball before. Definitely a course that I'd like another shot at.

Great advice, thanks @Junkyard.

Yes, the Bear course was well.. A Bear. But a gorgeous layout. There is such beautiful golf up in Michigan and to bounce between Bluffs and GTR would be pretty special. I can see myself lodging somewhere offsite for the savings involved, could stay halfway between the courses.

Thanks @RetiredBoomer.

Where are you located? Courses been closed for a month?

The New England season doesn't begin until April.
Although the course wasn't open, the club was open all winter.
Then it was closed as Massachusetts was shut down.
I live in New Hampshire, where courses are open, but my club is fifteen minutes away in Massachusetts.

As a high risk senior, I wouldn't chance playing right now anyway.

Helluva list, Wolf Creek or Kiawah would be my personal choices. I've played Pinehurst #2, and those are all good courses down there, plus you can drive there from Ohio. But really, just throw a dart, can't go wrong;)

Pinehurst would be awesome for all the courses available, but I'd probably choose Wolf Creek/Mesquite just because I love desert courses. Wolf Creek is very high on my bucket list.

Welp, one of these is coming off the list soon! Playing Arcadia Bluffs on the 4th of July. Really looking forward to this round. Might end up being one of my favorite courses I have played :love:

Back