Which 2021 Driver for You? Why?

Tomorrow is my fitting! Really hoping to make great progress. It's funny how much holding the grip in my fingers and not in my palm made a difference, although I didn't realize I was holding it in my palm.
Looking forward to hearing how it goes

I will be going RadSpeed XB 10.5* but am currently playing a Mizuno ST200 9.5* which is a really great club.

I had my fitter/coach put the club in my hand, and I just wanted to focus on putting a consistent swing on it and not overthink all the settings. We ended up getting the ideal launch, spin, and descent angle with the Epic Max LS 9* with S flex 60g MMT shaft. Obviously, with the good contact my ball speed was also good. We tried various head and shaft combinations, but it was never quite as ideal.

What I like about the fitter also being my coach is we can continue to work getting it dialed in, and it's a very versatile driver. While I need to continue to practice to make my swing, sequence, and path more consistent, we found I have a tendency to leave the face open. Just a little experimentation closing the face more on the downswing is needed.

Tried basically all of them except the TSi3, and the Srixon ZX-5 is my choice for this year.

Cobra Radspeed XB 9 degree turned up to 10 Draw. Evenflow Riptide counter balanced Reg Shaft 45.5 inches. Golfpride CP2 Wrap Standard Grip. Love this Driver. It was a tough choice between this and the Ping 425 Max but the face on the Radspeed won it for me. This club likes to be swung fast.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is my fitting! Really hoping to make great progress. It's funny how much holding the grip in my fingers and not in my palm made a difference, although I didn't realize I was holding it in my palm.
I know the feeling. My current instructor made this change in me and it had a profound impact on my swing. Don't worry, it will stop feeling so weird after a while. :)

TS2 that I just swapped my TS3 for. With new irons purchased and a new home closing in 2 weeks I think the new driver might have to wait until 2023 let alone 2021.

I know the feeling. My current instructor made this change in me and it had a profound impact on my swing. Don't worry, it will stop feeling so weird after a while. :)

Yes, there have been many strange feelings since I've been working with him. I'm learning, and some of the mechanics are becoming more normal.

I got fit the Tsi2 and then I fell in love with the Mizuno STX driver. After hitting both side by side for a week I'm going to TSi2 full time. It just performs for me...

I have hit most of the available new drivers, and the g410 lst is holding its own. I am debating whether or not I want to fork over $ for anything else. I have one and maybe two new shafts incoming, and perhaps that will keep my interest for now. Perhaps. Max LS and TSi3 are still on my mind. And the epic speed is right there under consideration too. Each does some good things. I need a few more early season rounds with the g410 lst to see how I feel on course. sim numbers can be a "rabbit hole" distraction. On course, is where the magic happens, or not.

Was not in the market for a new driver. I went a little overboard the last few years getting the GBB Epic, 410 Plus, and Mavrik. Then I was selected for Morgan Cup so eagerly awaiting ordering day for a RADSPEED XB. Then the wait, then the fun!

Epic Max LS is in the bag. I got along well with the MMT 70.

For the why.....
I played the G400 Max forever, well since it was released. I hit it well and pretty straight, but the spin was up and nothing seemed to cure it shaft wise or head settings wise. However being in the treeline every time took it's hold on me.

I tried to replace it with the 410 lineup, closest was the 410 LST.

I did one of the try it out services as the fitters in my area either have a lack of shafts that fit me, or don't have the space to pick up numbers with my ball speed. The first one I tried was the Epic Max LS based on some reviews I had read. Was it going to be the longest? Maybe or maybe not, but they were considered very forgiving.

So I tried it and wow. It is almost as forgiving as the 400 Max and launch and spin are down like the 410 LST. Could I get spin lower? Sure, but with the sacrifice of accuracy, so here it is.

I have a Ventus Velocore "Purple" I am gonna put into and give it a run this weekend just to see how it behaves.

The purple if you don't know is what they are calling the red with tipping between 1-3/4 and 2 inches, It keeps launch mostly up and brings spin down.

I would love to try teh STZ or STX been a happy Mizuno guy currently gaming the Callaway Fusion

I just ordered a Tour Edge C721 driver to game this year.
Why?

Because @Jman said it was a good one ! :ROFLMAO:

Back