Which 2022 Driver Release Excites you the Most?

After what I've been able to do with the Rogue ST driver in my bag, I'd be crazy to not be most excited for an actual outside season with that. Can't freaking wait. Sound/feel and performance are better than any driver I've used and even way better than the Speed I was using last year (crazy what a fitting can do)

But I'm definitely intrigued by the LTDx. Fantastic info this morning and I for sure want to give it a few hit later once the demos get to our course

One thing I can tell you is not excited about these driver releases is my wallet!

Of the clubs I think the 3 I'm most interested in hitting soon are the Mizuno 220 StZ, Callaway 3diamond, and the Cobra LTD LS (man that's a lot of letters!)

One thing I can tell you is not excited about these driver releases is my wallet!

Of the clubs I think the 3 I'm most interested in hitting soon are the Mizuno 220 StZ, Callaway 3diamond, and the Cobra LTD LS (man that's a lot of letters!)
My wife came in and asked if I am going to be doing any work as I am watching youtube videos of all of them. She is not nearly excited as I am.

My wife came in and asked if I am going to be doing any work as I am watching youtube videos of all of them. She is not nearly excited as I am.
I told my it was Cobra release day. I'm not sure if I got friendly eyes rolls or daggers of you better not bring home a new driver. I'm going to say it was the former :ROFLMAO:

Rogue ST - because on Friday, the 21st, I think I will be there on release day.

This brings up a question for me. Maybe this is/isn't the right place to ask this question.

I'm very biased towards 1 particular company. It doesn't matter who they are. I like their equipment, customer service, and staff. Am I selling myself short by not giving these other brands a look? Part of me thinks, I don't really care because I like the other brand so much and as long as it preforms well I don't care. If this belongs in another thread I'll create one and delete this post.

An intriguing tie for me between the new Callaway lineup and the Stealth.

I'm not 100% sure that anything "excites me" but I'm intrigued. I might also throw in the Mizuno driver into that equation.

I told my it was Cobra release day. I'm not sure if I got friendly eyes rolls or daggers of you better not bring home a new driver. I'm going to say it was the former :ROFLMAO:
Mine just reminded me that she gets her Gucci bag first so is that a green light?

Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS and 3D LS are the most interesting to me so far. I am a big fan of the epic max ls I currently play, and the feedback on increased stability is appealing.

Driver is the least excited category for me this year. Not because options are not great, but because my current ZX5 is really good for me right now. I will get out and test, but replacing will be really tough to do.

Mizuno and Cobra have my attention the most, followed by Callaway and TM.

It's pretty neck and neck for me between the LTD X want Rogue LS or Triple Diamond. I was almost ready to preorder a Rogue but I think I need to wait and hit both brands.

Right now it's Rogue ST, Mizuno ST-Z and LTDx

Not sure if anything else out yet hits that bar for me of excitement

Quite an exciting lineup for this year, even though a new driver is not in my plans for 2022, if I get a chance to test, my interest is as follows (highest to lowest):

(1.) Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS
(2.) Mizuno
(3.) Cobra

I'm really excited about all that we've seen so far. I know that seems like a non-answer.

Cobra - Unicorn doens't get thrown around all that often, so yeah that LTDx grabs my attention.
Mizuno - the internal data I've seen shows that they took two already really good drivers and just flat out made them better.
TaylorMade - Stealth marketing is in overdrive. I won't lie though, I'm really looking forward to giving one a swing out of curiosity.
Callaway - Oddly enough they don't excite me the most, but that's because I have full confidence in what they are doing based on what they have done and how much of it is a carry-over and tweaking.

That's about spot on for me. This is the first Cobra driver that has my attention in a few years. One Callaway driver or another has been in my bag over the last 3 or 4 years and each one has been better for me than the last. I'm expecting there will be a slight improvement again in one form or another.

I dunno, seems like everyone is bringing some great stuff to the table this year. Pretty happy with my driver, but want to hit the Stealth and see what the hype is about.

Cobra .....thats it!

Mine just reminded me that she gets her Gucci bag first so is that a green light?
100% green light, just get that bag first

Three way tie for me, Cobra, Callaway, Mizuno.

Each and every one of them get me excited. I love seeing them and hearing about the tech involved. I'm coming off my best year (accuracy, not distance) with a driver using the TSi3/AD HD setup so while I won't say it won't happen, I don't see me changing.

Last edited:
I just did a quick search of Gucci bags, looks like you get two drivers at least!

It's Cobra, Callaway, and Mizuno for me.

When does Tour Edge release their 2022 models?

This brings up a question for me. Maybe this is/isn't the right place to ask this question.

I'm very biased towards 1 particular company. It doesn't matter who they are. I like their equipment, customer service, and staff. Am I selling myself short by not giving these other brands a look? Part of me thinks, I don't really care because I like the other brand so much and as long as it preforms well I don't care. If this belongs in another thread I'll create one and delete this post.
I think that all of the major OEMs are making such high quality equipment that a person could maximize performance through a full bag with any of them, provided the equipment fits his/her swing and needs.

I think that all of the major OEMs are making such high quality equipment that a person could maximize performance through a full bag with any of them, provided the equipment fits his/her swing and needs.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Many years ago the brands may have been compartmentalized on what they were best at. I believe you could be fit into a major OEM from driver through wedge assuming the comments you made above.

I am very much curious to try the Cobra some more. I have seen but not tried anything Callaway yet but I will soon. I am really hoping the Mizuno is cool. The Stealth is really good, better than I expected and I am excited to see what becomes of it.

Back