Which 2022 Driver Release Excites you the Most?

I wasn't that excited as my previous reply outlined until I saw the Cobra. This is like the perfected version of the Rogue ST (looks and stability wise) so I ended up pre-ordering the LTDx LS because I couldn't contain myself.

One thing I can tell you is not excited about these driver releases is my wallet!

Of the clubs I think the 3 I'm most interested in hitting soon are the Mizuno 220 StZ, Callaway 3diamond, and the Cobra LTD LS (man that's a lot of letters!)
You need vowels lol … triple word score 🤣

1A-TM Stealth Plus
1B-Cobra LTDx
3- Mizuno ST-Z 220

This brings up a question for me. Maybe this is/isn't the right place to ask this question.

I'm very biased towards 1 particular company. It doesn't matter who they are. I like their equipment, customer service, and staff. Am I selling myself short by not giving these other brands a look? Part of me thinks, I don't really care because I like the other brand so much and as long as it preforms well I don't care. If this belongs in another thread I'll create one and delete this post.
Investment requires diversification…….. case closed 😁

I have the Rogue ST on the brain. A purchase is probably inevitable.

I am seriously i trigued by all of the offerings this year. There seems to be great options all around. I plan to get out and hit as many as I can find in LH to compare.

There is just too much good out there.

For the last 5 years, it's been a Callaway or Ping Driver or both.

I was not keen, finally, on the Epic Line - Speed and Max did not do it for me as consistently as a Ping G400 or 425.

Rogue ST Max looks like it has the lineage of a Ping with better tech and sound.

I go Ping, Callaway, and in the past, I have not tried Mizuno, but the ST Series this year, looks interesting.

I'm going to say Cobra then Callaway, based on how well their drivers have always worked for me in the past. There's just a comfort level there that I don't get from some other OEMs.

I'll also toss Cleveland in, although they were a late 2021 release.

Obviously really excited about the Callaway release because they are really really good. After that, I really do like the direction that Cobra is taking. I think they might be the dark horse in this year's release cycle. The Taylormade Stealth release I think has generated a ton of buzz because of hte marketing and 'flashiness' but not sure how the numbers are going to weigh out when the performance comes into play and starts to catch up to the hype.

Right now Sparklepony blue from Cobra gets my vote. I can't wait to see that thing in person!

I need a better technical answer here, because the sparkle blue is fun, but its not changing how the ball flies.

So far the release I think I am most excited about is tied between Callaway Rogue ST and Cobra LTDx. I like Rogue ST because Jailbreak and AI just keeps getting better, and I think this line is one of the best they have made, especially with the inclusion of four different driver heads. Cobra I am excited about because I like the tech behind Zero COG, and have enjoyed what they have been doing with milled faces and shaping for a while now. If they can improve on the sound a little bit, they have my attention.

I need a better technical answer here, because the sparkle blue is fun, but its not changing how the ball flies.

So far the release I think I am most excited about is tied between Callaway Rogue ST and Cobra LTDx. I like Rogue ST because Jailbreak and AI just keeps getting better, and I think this line is one of the best they have made, especially with the inclusion of four different driver heads. Cobra I am excited about because I like the tech behind Zero COG, and have enjoyed what they have been doing with milled faces and shaping for a while now. If they can improve on the sound a little bit, they have my attention.
I would love to see a showdown between Rogue ST and Cobra LTDx.

I've read just about everything I can find on both Cobra and Callaway releases to date. Excitement level is very close between...... can't wait to hit both to compare my results. If it's still close then "Sparkle Pony Blue" wins it by a nose. :golf:

I am excited for the new drivers from Cobra and Mizuno..

The Stealth+ and its carbon face have me the most intrigued because I think I'll like the sound, and I love the color scheme. The Cobra LTDx has me the most excited partially because I played the original King LTD for two years and a RADSpeed all of last year. I'm also all in on the zero CG combined with 5200 MOI that gives it the "unicorn" moniker.

I couldn't decide, so I have both on order as of this morning. :) I'll sell one of them this spring at a small loss as I think both will be in high demand and I get about a 12-15% discount off of MSRP through my club.

Last edited:
At the moment, I'm trying to decide what to pull out of the bag, so I can carry 5 drivers.

The Unicorn has my full attention

I'm looking at a driver, but it's not a 2022 release.
It's just an HL (15°) version of my present 12° model.
I want to try it with a change to my driver swing.

Driver is the only club with which I hit up at the ball, and I get horrific dispersion doing that.
I want to try the big driver with a normal fairway wood placement in my stance.

My swing is inside out at my left heel.
By the time it reaches my left toe, however, with a long driver shaft, it could be inside out, straight, or outside in.
It's just beyond the point where I still have control.

Therefore, back on point, if one of the newly reviewed drivers suddenly offer an HL version,
trying it is on the table.

Which Rogue ST are you thinking? Max LS?
I don’t know if there is a direct apples to apples, because Callaway has four heads. In my mind, the LTDx LS would be compared to either the Rogue ST Max LS or the Triple Diamond LS. The LTDx would be compared to the standard Rogue Max and the LTDx Max would be compared to the Rogue Max D.

At the moment, I'm trying to decide what to pull out of the bag, so I can carry 5 drivers.

This is me after placing an order for the LTDx a week after my Stealth+ order. :)

Excited to test all of them but the TaylorMade and Cobra offerings intrigue me most, followed by Mizuno and then Callaway. Weird because I've gamed a very good Callaway driver the past two seasons but for some reason I'm just not as stoked to try the new Rogue as the others.

You guys with the double driver orders are big league. I can't hang with that kind of new club swagger!

Callaway Rogue and the Cobra LTDx have my attention so far. I'll hit the others as they're available, but those are the two I'm most looking forward to right now. Callaway because I'm a homer and the feedback so far is pretty impressive. Cobra because I'm really interested in how they've evolved the lineup with new tech. I'm still keeping an eye on everything else. Lol. TM Stealth obviously is a big story, I just don't have a great history of success with TM drivers. I'm definitely going to hit both it and the Mizuno though.

Out of intrigue: Stealth
Out of desire to play: Cobra
Out of pure aesthetic: Callaway

Well, I hit Rogue ST, and it almost went straight a couple times... So early favorite right there, I'm kind of excited.

That said, Cobra's driver sounds awesome, and Mizuno shocked me last year trying out their offerings. Who the heck knows anymore hahaha

Back