Which Club is Key?

Not a certain club per se, but chipping or shots around the green. If I am chipping it close, my scores are usually decent.

Driver because if it takes to long to there the putter can only make up so much. Or can be opposite depending on the day, it's rare that all parts are working.

GW. If I'm hitting greens with that it's par par par. If I'm missing, it's bogey bogey bogey.

Driver

If I'm putting the tee ball in play a good chance exists my iron play will be OK. the reverse is not true. some days i can hit the 8i well but my angle of attack is so steep or someething that the driver is a no go.

Putting is clearly important to scoring but that is the best part of my game A bad putting day is most typically about greens being bumpy or speed way off normal related to maybe frozen greens or water logged greens

Which club, if you are swinging it well is the key to a good scoring day?

For me, the driver is key for my round. When hitting it bad, it adds the most strokes through penalties or drops

Driver as par 4's tend to be the key to a good round for me. My iron play is pretty strong so par 3's don't tend to be an issue, and on par 5's I can get away with one bad shot if I have to. The driver "sets up" the hole. If I am hitting it well I have shorter approaches and my stats show that I hit more greens, have more pars and birdies hitting approaches from the fairway.

My putter can usually bail me out of rounds where I'm not hitting it well.
That being said, to answer the question, "If I'm swinging it well on a good scoring day"
Driver - keep me in play and reduce any "added shots"
putter - keep the ball rolling.

For me it starts with my driver or really my tee shot. If I can consistently get it in the fairway I begin to gain confidence and feel good everywhere else. So tee shot/driver is key for me.

Driver. Need to be in play and not in the trees. Getting up and down from 100 yards after punching out from the tress is not something I can rely on.

Currently, 7-pw.
If my iron game is on, I'll usually post 75-80.
If not, it's gonna be 82 -93.
Driving is not long, but pretty consistent, and I'm a decent putter. Rare to have more than 34 putts, So if I'm hitting greens, it generally going to lead to a good score.

It's not a specific club, but it's my approach shots. If those are going well, then so does the round.

Putter then driver. If I’m putting well, I score well.

Hitting driver well means I’ll have shorter irons into the green and my approach shots will then be closer to the hole.

If you don’t hit greens it’s hard to score.

Putter. Always putter.

Only answer to this question should be putter. If you hit a wonderful drive and put it 30 feet from the hole on approach only to 3 putt it you’ve negated any good things that happened previously

Only answer to this question should be putter. If you hit a wonderful drive and put it 30 feet from the hole on approach only to 3 putt it you’ve negated any good things that happened previously

And if your drive is OB you'll be lucky to shoot the same score as the guy 3-jacking for bogey.

Its not a club. Its whatever gives me a better chance at GIR (even GIR +1). Putting is not that bad. Usually don't three putt.

Easily the driver because the game is more fun when you're playing from the fairway.

Driver. Finding FWs (or at least keeping it in play) is the difference between high 80s and low 80s for me.

~Rock

It’s all Driver for me. I’ve played some select drive and play my own ball in rounds with the work group, and my score is easily 10 shots less than if I play my drives instead

Putter. A one putt solves a lot of ills.

Greenside wedges.

Driver and putter are my strengths; iron play sucks. If my wedges are on to clean up after poor approach shots, I can score well.

Driver. If this works, all my swings work and I will be on or next to the green in regulation all day = a low score.

Back