Which Club When Struggling Off the Tee?

Usually grind it out with driver, but if the wheels are completely off, it’s 5w then 7i, which is more consistent than my 3w, 6i, or 4h

I keep pulling out the driver. Don't give up, don't ever give up.

I need the distance the driver gives me so I just think where I screwed up and correct it. Very rarely do I hit driver bad twice in a row.

If I am not hitting driver well odds are 4w isn't going to help much. Probably drop back to 3h or 4i to keep things out of trouble.

Immediately the 7 iron. It gets out there straight. For the rest of the round it’s a 5 wood with no/minimal tee.

3/4 hybrid for me. Fairway woods go the same as my driver off the tee usually.

3w or slow down the driver swing.

Fun fact:
Driver miss is a slice
3W miss is a straight push or pull
3H miss is a hook.

Clearly I am a sane individual.

3w or hybrid...

I stick with the driver. Like a good 3 point shooter, shoot, or in this case, drive your way out of the slump. if it gets bad, a range session happens to clean it up. driver still gives me the best, most forgiving option off the tee.

Either my 3 driving iron or my 3w. However I have started choking down a bit and just smooth swinging the driver …. Amazing what not swinging out of your shorts does for a shot!! :ROFLMAO:

If I am struggling off the tee it is usually just my swing so I just keep swinging the driver.

usually i’m too stubborn to move off the big stick. but if it’s really bad, i’ll go with the shortest club that can get me inside 180 for my approach.

My driver has been less than trustworthy lately, so my go to has been my Ping Crossover. I’ve been hitting it well, but it sure would be nice to get that lost yardage back.

Long, long ago i carried a goldwin avdp 2 iron. I could hit it off the tee. Fun club.

I work through it. it's a very frustrating process.
If i just stop hitting driver.... it seems less urgent for me to get it fixed. I figure i can hit 3 wood 240+/- which is sufficient - BUT - I don't want to have something that's too easy to be content with, and then not work hard enough to get my swing fixed to hit the driver properly. Is this a stupid way to look at it? probably.... then again, i was never accused of being very bright :ROFLMAO:

I generally just work through it with the driver. I can't remember a recent time when I went to a different club off the tee. If I had to I would go to 3W. When total distance with your driver is under 250 yards giving a lot of distance up is tough.

1. Driver
2. 3 Wood
3. Hybrid
4. 4 iron
5. Call it a day and go home.

Nothing. Driver keeps coming out.

4 wood, 5 wood, or 5 iron. 4 wood is good for about 240 and usually hit it well. If all is really bad, 5 iron around 200 ish depending. Rare I ever have to go to the 5 though.

3w for sure. Come to think of it I really only use that club off the tee.

Honestly the driver is generally the best club in my bag. So I'll just keep plugging away with it even if I start slowly.

Been going back and forth with a friend today that is really struggling off the tee. He is basically using a 5 iron exclusively now until he gets it fixed. When I am struggling off the tee, I usually go to my 2nd driver, which is shorter.

Do you have a go to in this scenario?
5w Cleveland Launcher HB or 4hy Cleveland Launcher HB.

Was a Utility, now it is a 7 wood.

Back