Which Club When Struggling Off the Tee?

Usually just keep banging away with the driver until I figure out what's happening.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If I'm struggling I'll still pull driver if the hole seems to leave room for error. Otherwise I'm hitting 4i, because I know it'll be in the fairway 9 times out of 10.

I usually go to my 3 wood first. Then down the line until I get to the longest club I can hit. I put my driver away quite often if it isn't playing. It got 4 hole time outs twice today. Usually I don't have to go past my 3 wood as I hit that thing dead straight off of the tee when I am able to tee the ball up.

Driver today and it was ugly hit only 1 good drive all round

Sadly I just continue to hammer driver till it gets better.

If I am struggling with the driver, which has been more often lately than I like to think about, I have 2 hybrids I use. I have TItleist U510 1-iron or my Srixon U85 3-iron. My 3-iron is much more reliable than the 1-iron, I haven't worked with the 1-iron enough yet at the range.

Very happy with the Radspeed big tour 3 wood.

I am struggling with my ego off the tee. I lost almost 20 yards over the winter. So I am always swinging out of my shoes cause I am shorter than all my friends now.

Driver has been the one constant for my bag since switching to the Epic Speed. I have less confidence in pretty much anything else.

I really should just hit 3W off the tee while I'm struggling. I tend to just try to power through hoping I figure something out. It rarely works out well doing that.

It used to be 4i but this season I've just stuck with the driver (even when it wasn't behaving). If I absolutely had to abandon the driver for a stretch it would the 4i.

Currently 3wd or 5wd, I just struggle to get off the tee sometimes..☹

4 iron. Might give up a bit on yardage, but the accuracy gain more than makes up for it.

I’ll usually give the driver a few holes if it’s acting up. If it doesn’t calm down then it’s the 4w.

When it’s sorta bad? I go 3w.

When it’s bad bad? I go 5w.

Been going back and forth with a friend today that is really struggling off the tee. He is basically using a 5 iron exclusively now until he gets it fixed. When I am struggling off the tee, I usually go to my 2nd driver, which is shorter.

Do you have a go to in this scenario?
3H. Its a friendly, easy to hit club.

I keep hitting my driver til it straightens out

Sadly I just continue to hammer driver till it gets better.
This.

I'm not as good as I'd like to be with my 3W to abandon the driver. But if it's really really bad, I'd go to my 5H.

I am struggling with my ego off the tee. I lost almost 20 yards over the winter. So I am always swinging out of my shoes cause I am shorter than all my friends now.
When I started playing last year, I played with one of my next door neighbors more than anybody else. He's been playing 40-50 years. Very casual play. Never got lessons. Hodgepodge of clubs. He just likes to play. He was always trying to hammer the ball. One day I said to him "Stop trying to kill the ball. Just swing what feels like a nice, smooth swing and let the ball get in the way." (Yes: Much easier said than done.) Darned if he didn't do it. His drive improved immediately. More FIR and more distance. He's twice in the last few weeks thanked me for that advice. He says he's driving better than he has in his life.

I know that works for me, too. But, like I said: Easier said than done :ROFLMAO:

I’ll go with the Radspeed OL 4 iron. It’s a straight rocket launcher for me.

I'd go with my 5 wood. A little shorter than driver but usually in center of fairway.

3 hybrid

Back