Which event marks the start of the PGA Tour every year for YOU?

Northerner

Reaction score
Seems like the PGA is changing their schedule more.

But for me - and I think this goes back to when my dad and I always started our fantasy league - it was always the Pebble Beach Pro-Am every year where that was it, I was in, and the PGA Tour season had officially started for me. But watching this Farmer's event is great...and I have been all-in really since the Hawaii events this year.

Is there are particular event every year that signifies the "start" to you?

Phoenix?
Pebble
Masters?
Other?

Tournament of Champions.

Kapalua feels like the kickoff to the season even though it’s a limited field.

This Farmers event this year seems to have me going. Great course, great field. As I said I've been watching since Hawaii but this week seems to have jumpstarted me this year.

I like the rounds in Hawaii, but that still feels kind of pre-season to me. I'd say either Torrey Pines or Pebble Beach really get the season going.

I consider the Tournaments in Hawaii to be the start of the season.

I think the Farmers for me. The beautiful weather and views of this course is awesome.

1st Tournament on the West Coast, after the ToC & Sony in Hawaii.

Usually the Masters, admittedly, I'm a casual fan when it comes to watching golf.

Farmers for me. Great local course, great field, and Tiger plays

Tournament of Champions.
Hawaii and golf. Nothing better.

The Masters is usually when I start really looking at golf for the year.

the Arnold Palmer Invitational is when it really "starts" for me, a week before the Players and a month before the Masters

although I do give a bit of extra attention to the WM and Pebble Beach ProAm

Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions. Whoops, wrong tour.

Definitely the Masters for the PGA Tour.

The early tournaments in Hawaii in January. Living up here in the northern Rockies, the Hawaii landscapes and tropical climate are enough draw for me. Then the west coast. I feel like that progression is the combination that says game on.

Kapalua.....hands down

My viewing of pro golf starts with the Masters. It's the first tournament I spend anytime watching.

My end of pro golf season viewing is in July when The Open finishes up.

I usually only pay attention to The Maters, US Open, and The Open..

Luckily my own personal golf season is pretty much year around.

I get excited for the Tournament of Champions in Hawaii. It gets me excited for the new golf season for me, even though it is still 3 months away.

Prime time golf is the bee’s knees!

I know it’s almost 2 months in but I feel the Honda is the when things really start.

I’d say the Farmers event this year. Hawaii was brutal conditions and some of the big dogs were not playing yet.

Seems like the PGA is changing their schedule more.

But for me - and I think this goes back to when my dad and I always started our fantasy league - it was always the Pebble Beach Pro-Am every year where that was it, I was in, and the PGA Tour season had officially started for me. But watching this Farmer's event is great...and I have been all-in really since the Hawaii events this year.

Is there are particular event every year that signifies the "start" to you?

Phoenix?
Pebble
Masters?
Other?

Hawaiian Open !

Back