Which golf announcers do you miss/not miss/like/don't like?

I really liked Scot Van Pelt calling golf. I miss that.

Get rid of arrogant Sir Nick and mush mouth Nantz, and never, ever put a microphone in front of Greg Norman, never. Did I say never?

Give me McCord, Feherity and Summerall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked Johnny Miller before he got old and cranky. His last 5 years were not good. Before that, it was refreshing to hear someone call the players out.

HATE Gary McCord with a passion. He can ruin a telecast for me.

Like Feherty, but can understand those who don't.

Two thumbs down on Faldo. One thumb down on Azinger, and the other one headed that way.

Most of the others seem kind of OK to me.

Would like to hear Kostis, Feherty and McCord go 3 Stooges on a Sunday round... those guys can bring some great banter to a broadcast

I meant to give you credit for the idea in my original post. I got it listening to the Shipshow episode where Jeff and Lex responded to to your email about announcers you like.

I meant to give you credit for the idea in my original post. I got it listening to the Shipshow episode where Jeff and Lex responded to your email about announcers you like.
The ShipShow is a fun listen and it's great how available Jeff, Lex, AJ, Finley are for listener input and questions... let's see if I make the Show again tomorrow with a WITB question.

Last edited:
On course and interviews Bones, Jerry Foltz, Kay Cockerill, Karen Stupples.
Booth: Terry Gannon, Faldo, Jim Nance (sometimes), Paul Azinger, Brad Faron, David Duval...
People I really don’t care for: Notah Begay (as someone said earlier, he should be Tiger’s pool boy) and Rich Lerner who can’t go 2 sentences w/o mentioning Tiger’s name, whether he’s in the tournament or not.

I can do without Johnny Miller and Joe Buck. Miller is just annoying and Joe Buck is Joe Buck. I dont like him when he does Green Bay Packers games on Fox and really dont like him with golf.

I miss Alliss and Sunemrall. I’m trying to think of other older announcers and I’m drawing a blank.

I want more Chamblee, Nobilo, Bones, Bacon and Faxon

Less Nantz, Faldo, Buck, Hicks, Gannon and Sands

There's something about Koch's voice that is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Especially when he starts a sentence with a drawn out "Weeelllll...".

I don't miss Johnny Miller at all. (jerk)

I really do like Feherty and McCord.

David Feherty is awesome. I like his commentary, his show, and his appearances on my local sports radio station.

Back